Shootings by Police Explained

chevysoldier

Warning: Viewer discretion advised.

In a unique production assisted by the Force Science Institute, law enforcement authorities in an Oregon county have created an online video that explains to civilians the realities of officer-involved shootings and counters prevalent myths fostered by Hollywood fantasies.

In 17 minutes, the program ranges from addressing why officers don’t try to shoot knives out of the hands of attackers to how cell phone and dash-cam recordings can significantly distort impressions of deadly force encounters. In all, the production tackles seven persistent misconceptions that often lead to unjust accusations of wrongdoing regarding police use of force and provides scientific insights into the true dynamics of life-or-death confrontations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-G1ApUEXcbo

Really? I'd say an easy day of writing tickets' date=' stealing donuts, profiling minorities and "losing" evidence would be a cake walk compared to a bad day at my job. I could be wrong, though. :dunno:

(sniper.. don't be mad :p)[/quote']

My uncle is a Dayton cop 3rd district 3rd shift. No I don't want his job! I have seen and heard plenty. I like knowing no matter how bad my day is a work it is unlikely I might have to pull a gun for any reason. The homes they go into for DV calls the kids they see abused the bodies the shootings and so on. So what they get a donut once in a while or an easy day of writing traffic tickets. I still would not trade places with them.

Really? I'd say an easy day of writing tickets' date=' stealing donuts, profiling minorities and "losing" evidence would be a cake walk compared to a bad day at my job. I could be wrong, though. :dunno:

I'm not a fan of writing tickets, however, I do enjoy a doughnut from time to time (but I pay for every one). And finally, they say every stereotype is based in truth so I don't knowledgeable that it is profiling, it's more like knowing your audience. ;)

(sniper.. don't be mad :p)[/quote']

FZRMatt and Sniper_308 are good cops' date=' too.[/quote']

Thanks.

What would a typical day be like for an officer in the "good " areas like Gates Mills, or Hunting Valley? These cities have multimillion dollar houses. Other than giving tickets to motorcycle riders on River View road, probably not to bad. (compared to Cleveland)

I see you got jokes. You'll get a ride in it alright, hogtied in the back of it. Hope we don't run into any deer along the way, might have to stop fast. :p

Make sure you turn the in-car cam around so you get him smashing his face into the cage.

You lost me about 15 seconds in when the guy says that an officer shooting a civilian is considered a homicide, forgetting all about the expanded view of "qualified" immunity officers enjoy on the job, much less the symbiotic relationship between prosecutors and police that make any prosecution of that crime almost a once-in-a-lifetime chance.

But that's cool, that's what the Tasers are for now.