Shootings by Police Explained

chevysoldier

What would a typical day be like for an officer in the "good " areas like Gates Mills, or Hunting Valley? These cities have multimillion dollar houses. Other than giving tickets to motorcycle riders on River View road, probably not to bad. (compared to Cleveland)

Last time I got pulled over by bored cops in North Ridgeville it was for expired tags. The cruiser did a u-turn in the middle of a 3-lane, 45MPH street almost immediately after he passed me. That should give you some idea.

Last time I got pulled over by bored cops in North Ridgeville it was for expired tags. The cruiser did a u-turn in the middle of a 3-lane, 45MPH street almost immediately after he passed me. That should give you some idea.

What kind of car were you in? Were you out of place in the neighborhood? How out of date was it? What time of day? Were you cited? Were they searching for a vehicle matching your description? Were they being nice to tell you they were expired? There are usually a lot more circumstances than just "zoomfg expired tags!"

Edited by chevysoldier

I have forgotten my birthday too it happens...

i'm pretty much as anti-"donut cop" as it gets...

but i do appreciate the job they have. truthfully, it's the laws that they're required to enforce that make us hate them. the money makers, like expired tags, or going 85 in a 65.

the part about the movie that gets me, is his justification for putting 4 bullets into somebody. one will stall any man enough that you have the advantage. most guys, such as the one in their clip, who was running toward the two officers, will fall after being shot once. then, they both continued to shoot at him. adrenaline does crazy things. i know that. cops do too.

I have forgotten my birthday too it happens...

We had a guy who's registration and license was expired for about a week. We reminded him, was very thankful because he forgot all about it and he went on his merry way with no citation. Ran into him the next day, said he got them renewed and thanked us again.

i'm pretty much as anti-"donut cop" as it gets...

but i do appreciate the job they have. truthfully, it's the laws that they're required to enforce that make us hate them. the money makers, like expired tags, or going 85 in a 65.

the part about the movie that gets me, is his justification for putting 4 bullets into somebody. one will stall any man enough that you have the advantage. most guys, such as the one in their clip, who was running toward the two officers, will fall after being shot once. then, they both continued to shoot at him. adrenaline does crazy things. i know that. cops do too.

My understanding is its a reflex most people don't fire one or two shots they usually shoot till the gun is empty. I understand cops are trained but no training can prepair you for real life. Also I know I wouldn't stop firing until they stop moving.

What kind of car were you in? Were you out of place in the neighborhood? How out of date was it? What time of day? Were you cited? Were they searching for a vehicle matching your description? Were they being nice to tell you they were expired? There are usually a lot more circumstances than just "zoomfg expired tags!"

2008 Scion XB.

Fit right in, I was born and raised there.

As I recall, about 3 months.

Night.

Yep.

If they were looking for something matching my description, the kid didn't bring it up.

The kid said he had me doing 51 in a 45, but he'd "do me a favor" and write me for the expired tags. No warning whatsoever. This from someone who literally peeled out and did a U-turn right behind me to pick me up. Cop was no older than 22, and I could tell he was still a little high from pulling off the U-ey from Center Ridge Rd.

You wanted an example of bored small-town cops, North Ridgeville is it. Feel free to ask any of the NEO OR peeps.

2008 Scion XB.

Fit right in, I was born and raised there.

As I recall, about 3 months.

Night.

Yep.

If they were looking for something matching my description, the kid didn't bring it up.

The kid said he had me doing 51 in a 45, but he'd "do me a favor" and write me for the expired tags. No warning whatsoever. This from someone who literally peeled out and did a U-turn right behind me to pick me up. Cop was no older than 22, and I could tell he was still a little high from pulling off the U-ey from Center Ridge Rd.

You wanted an example of bored small-town cops, North Ridgeville is it. Feel free to ask any of the NEO OR peeps.

So you were over the posted speed limit by 6mph, even over the normal "buffer of 5mph". Your registration was 3 months expired, not just by a couple days. He "did you a favor" and didn't cite you for speed.

Maybe he was bored that night. I don't know what traffic or road conditions were, what else had been going on that night, what he saw about your car, etc. Later at night the chances of drugs, OVI, etc go up so for him to pop a u-ey in the road for a registration out by a whole 3 months isn't that bad. I don't know all the details but with the information you gave me I can't find fault in the officer's actions. Next time renew your registration on time because I doubt he would have pulled you over for speed alone, although he may have.