Gun Show Plus Cash In Pocket

dorifto240

Equals me buying a Mosin-Nagant. A buddy of mine loved his, a few people at the show that I talked to, loved theirs, and the price was right.

Just spent the night breaking it down, and cleaning it up. Looks pretty good. Dad was pretty excited, and pulled down his cleaning kit for me to use, and before to long, had pulled up a chair to "watch." And then he grabbed the bolt and a rag and started cleaning it.

I'll post photos soon.

They are fun rifles. They kick alittle and with the metal plate on the end of the stock, you might start to feel it after a few rounds.

Those Mosin revolvers are also neat looking. I will pick one up eventually, but it is not on the short list.

Love these guns!

I'm on my 2nd one, sold the first one to a friend who is putting a bent bolt and tapping the receiver to mount a scope. I highly suggest getting the ATI synthetic stock for it and getting some stripper clips as well. I have pics of my 1st one with the ATI stock in my albums.

Here's my current one, still plan on getting the ATI for this one as well

541c133f.jpg

I paid $120 and that was from a guy on here, Toddfff. His guns are in AMAZING shape and he's a great guy to boot. For me he's not that far away (just outside Oxford on 73) but I'm currently on my phone and can't see anyones location :(

He hand picks out his to resell from gun shows he is a FFL and also an Armour I believe (not exactly sure) he has alot of these older rifles and plenty of ammo and at a good price (best price for me around here for 20 packs at $4.80)

I got mine at Fin Feather and Fur and it was $99. I went with a friend a week later so he could buy one. I asked for them to bring out 2 rifles for inspection. The first one looked ok, but was not great, the second out of the box was a 1924 Hex receiver. So that is the he bought. I need to adjust my front sight down a little bit, eventually.

Mine barrel was packed with cosmoline and was tough to look down the barrel, but took a chance anyway.

Since 7.62 and .308 are close, if possible, I was thinking of getting a second on to convert into .308 and add the ATI stock to give it a modern look.

Thats awesome I actually was looking at them down at Ohio Valley after seeing them on Mil. Channel.

Mind me asking what you paid, sorry if I missed that. I bought 50rd for my 8mm Mauser and love shooting that small cannon. About as much as my AR

It was $90 plus tax, so I walked out of there with the gun and a couple packs of ammo for $115.

I've started looking at some of the upgrades available, and I think this might suck up extra income like my motorcycle addiction.

I'm excited to fire it, anyone know any good ranges around Columbus?

Photos as Promised:

Before cleaning

6636538659_9a2c3c037a_z.jpg

Broken down, note the service tool.

6636541779_9c4fb408a8_z.jpg

Dad starting to help.

6636555055_3eec6a8af2_z.jpg

Manufacturing Year AND the Hammer & Sickle

6636572857_143fc1e12e_z.jpg

Cleaned up and Reassembled.

6636576467_8fca430dd2_z.jpg