Bluetooth Earbuds

heypal16

I'm not sure this is the area to go with this but I was thinking about buying a pair of Bluetooth Earbuds. I wanted to know how well they would work while riding my motorcycle on long rides with my I Phone or I Pod. From what I read in the Hammacher magazine that I have the ones they sell have a range of 32 feet from the unit which will most likely be in my pocket. With all the noise from the cycle itself would it be best to get a helmet with Bluetooth or the earbuds?

Thanks

Les

My friend has one of the vega bluetooth helmets he said it's good to about 40-45mph then you can't hear the music over the wind noise from the crappy helmet. I would think you would get much better results from earbuds they would help eliminate some of the wind noise.

there is a thread somewhere with a list of the earbuds people use. Personally I use the Skullcandy Asyms with the foam from JVC Marshmallows to cancel out more wind noise

When I got my iphone the thought of a bluetooth setup crossed my mind but the thought of having yet another thing I need to remember to charge before a long trip annoyed me

Sena SMH-10. You can get an earbud version as well as the in helmet speaker set-up.

I know, considerably more $$ but the system flat works! I use mine exclusively for music since my ancient Palm Centro won't sync.

The nice thing is you control volume, pause/play and fast forward/rewind all while your iPod/iPhone sits in a pocket or tank bag. It also is a bike to bike comm system. PLUS you can get 2fer packages which last I checked were going for $299.

Seriously, give it a look.