Ever Tried to return anything to Vances?

Tomcat0403

If you have ever tried to return something to Vances you will probably sympathize with me. If you are planning on returning something either take it as a loss or plan your whole day around it.

Return policy, 30 days, with receipt. My story, had receipt, NIB, not damaged, within 30 days.

Apparently you have to wait for a manager to approve all returns and speak with a salesman to write you up. I went in at 6:32, left at 7:30 for a 2 minute approval and transaction. Now, for vance's, it was not very busy, just a whole bunch of people kicking tires vs buying. I understand that they are in the ghetto and people flip a shit over nothing, but holy shit, either allow your people at the counter to return trivial shit or have a manager up front to approve those things. As well as them being fairly rude and uncaring that it was such a ridiculous practice it had to be written up on a sheet of paper...then the girl upfront scanned in into the register and electronically refunded my money to my card.

This alone was more frustrating than ANY other store I have ever been in (and coming from retail management), I will definitely avoid future purchases and be more than willing to driver to Lancaster to Ohio Valley.

Picked up an XD there Saturday. Had to wait a good hour at least, but that's because they were PACKED. Looked like a gun show. you'd think the world was coming to an end. But salesman said it was always like that. Even through that week.

NoBama 2012

I walked in and took a number right before they got killed. I found what I needed out on the floor so my number was up for grabs. I swear someone would've paid me for it. I gave it to he guy with the impatient son.

I did have to return a scope mount there once - had to see a counter person who had to get a manager's approval but it only took a couple mins.

Picked up an XD there Saturday. Had to wait a good hour at least, but that's because they were PACKED. Looked like a gun show. you'd think the world was coming to an end. But salesman said it was always like that. Even through that week.

NoBama 2012

Anytime that Vances/Buckeye outdoors is having a sale on specific guns, give Gandermountain a shot "I know they suck otherwise" but they also price match with no questions asked. I picked up my XD9 there, went to Buckeye that same day and the wait was fucking insane.....Gander was on the way home so I figured I would stop in. They matched the sale price at Vances, and I was on my way home after about 15 min of walking in. Their selection honestly aint bad, but the firearm knowledge is subpar.

I don't remeber who it was that told me this but a guy said "go into Vance's if you know exactly what you want and somewhere else to look". I hate Vance's and all it stands for, I'd gladly pay for gas to go to cabelas or buckeye or somewhere else.

Ohio Valley Outdoors is excellent, they are in Lancaster. I have bought 2 guns from them, and they will also price match.