I just don't understand...

oldschoolsdime92

what pisses me off about the can am spyder is you can take your motorcycle riders test on it. the whole foot down at the wrong time doesn't seem to matter for them. what about the figure 8 bullshit?

ohio is a double standard state.

How in the fuck are you going to get that thing through the slalom? Granted, i took mine in indiana. The cones were pretty damn close. Watched a guy on a stretched and slammed R1 hit every single cone, simply did not have the turning radius to get through them. Even on a stock crotch rocket it looked difficult.

Indiana has a trike specific licence if i recall correctly.

Found this on another forum.

I found the following excerpt in a report compiled by the Wisconsin DOT in 2005 it may be outdated by now, but it is all I could find. Hope this helps you out. Anyway, here is a link to the full report: http://on.dot.wi.gov/wisdotresearch/...tsratvlaws.pdf

Summary StateLawsand Regulations Eight states—Arizona, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Minnesota, Montana, North Dakota and South Dakota—allow the public to operate at least some classes of ATVson someroadwayswith varying levels of restrictions (for example,states may require a certain engine size, vehicle length or weight, and presence of headlights or taillights; and may require that the operator wear a helmet). Five additional states(Alaska,Missouri, Nevada, Oklahoma and West Virginia) allow more limited travel, such as when a highway is impassable by automobiles due to snow, or on single-lane roadways. Virtually every stateallowslocal municipalitiesto authorize use of ATVs on local rights-of-way, which may include pavements, shoulders, ditches, and slopes of highways and ditches. Of the eight states that allow the most ATV travel on roadways: • Two states(Minnesota and North Dakota) require that ATV operators be a minimum of 16 years old, or in certain circumstances 12 years old; Minnesota also allows 10-year-olds in certain areas. A third, Indiana, requires operators on public lands to be 14, unless supervised. The other five states have no minimum age requirement. • Two statesrequire operators of a certain age to earn certification in a safety course; Minnesota requires it for ages 12 to 15, and North Dakota for ages 15 and under. Arizona recommends it for all riders, and offers classes for ages 5 and up. • Four states require ATVsto betitledwith a transportation or motor vehicles agency. Four require registration with motor vehicles agencies, and one with the state parks and recreation department. Across the United States, only a few states restrict the use of ATVs to certain hours of the day, possibly because headlights and taillights have become standard equipment on ATVs. States that require certain equipment on ATVs for use on highways or rights-of-way, or when crossing roadways, include lighting in the requirements. We did not identify any states that restrict use to certain months of the year

what pisses me off about the can am spyder is you can take your motorcycle riders test on it. the whole foot down at the wrong time doesn't seem to matter for them. what about the figure 8 bullshit?

ohio is a double standard state.

I believe if you take your motorcycle test on a can-am, you are restricted to ride a 3 wheel motorcycle (oxymoron). IIRC it's not a "M" endorsement, it's a "M3".

but if that is what you buy, that is what you will probably ride, so it wouldn't matter.

How in the fuck are you going to get that thing through the slalom? Granted, i took mine in indiana. The cones were pretty damn close. Watched a guy on a stretched and slammed R1 hit every single cone, simply did not have the turning radius to get through them. Even on a stock crotch rocket it looked difficult.

Indiana has a trike specific licence if i recall correctly.

not sure about indiana, but the ohio course is a cakewalk for an experienced rider, I could slalom a 1800 goldwing without any problems.

The UK has a siminal wheel# rule. 3-wheel cars can be driven on a motorcycle license (although you have to pass your test on a 2-wheel motorcycle to get a motorcycle license)

Quads can be licensed / plated /street legal in the UK.

http://www.off-road.com/atv/feature/onroad-atvs-the-united-kingdom-has-it-made-13478.html

Edited by Scruit

My neighbor has a three-wheel vehicle, and it is titled and registered as a passenger car, while my three-wheel vehicle is considered a motorcycle. What is the difference?

Three-wheel vehicles are titled according to the Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin (MCO). If the MCO indicates that the vehicle is a passenger car, then the BMV would title and register it as such.

From BMV website

Do I need to take the motorcycle test and get an endorsement to drive my enclosed three-wheel vehicle if it is considered a motorcycle?

Yes. Operators of these vehicles will need to pass the three-wheeled motorcycle skills test and have the three-wheel endorsement added to their Ohio operator's license. Customers that already have a motorcycle endorsement will not need additional testing, as they already qualify to drive a three-wheel vehicle.