Stupid F%&#@ B&%^&!

bacchus

People are fucking idiots.everyone forgets how to drive every winter. Modern safety restraints thwart Darwins attempt at removing them from the gene pool. I passed a car on the way home that spun off the road into someones yard. I know how to drive in the snow, not too fast but not too slow.

Exactly. This little bit of snow and slush is nothing. If ya can't handle driving reasonably, can't handle a little snow, then stay home.

I had a pucker-factor moment myself this morning. On 36/37 (four lanes, two each direction, grass median) wanting to turn left. 55 limit but doing 45 because of the sporadic snow. Traction is pretty good. Wanted to turn left and I figured I'd better slow down early becuase the left-turn -lane was unplowed.

I entered the left-turn lane and slowed to about 20. I tend to brake early when I know I have to come to a stop. When i got about 100' from the place I had to stop I braked a little more and the ABS started buzzing. I slid for about seemed to be about 200' (slowing from 20mph). I was about to give up onthe left turn and rejoin the empty straight lane, but I did finally get stopped.

I know I could have let off the ABS a little and turned in to it, but then I'd be headed toward oncoming traffic and still be unable to stop.

I'll have to see what the dashcam caught.