who here races?

Hoblick

very few people race a "full" season with WERA, or MotoSeries... There's simply too much travel, and/or too many dates. Plus I think it's more fun to spend my money on 3 races in 1 weekend, rather than 1 race over 3 separate weekends (makes your travel more worth it)

MotoSeries makes things much easier, but WERA's regions are wacky (although less so for 2012) for people in Ohio. We're kind of half way between two of their regions. If you ran every race at the 5 tracks closest to Ohio, you'd be doing half your races in one region, and half in another. If you actually want to vie for a championship run, you have to concentrate on ONE region. For me, that would mean learning Grattan, and pretty much ignoring Summit Main.

That said, as I noted, it's pretty rare that very many people actually attend EVERY race in their region. If you just show up at every round, and then don't crash out, you've got a decent chance at being in the top 10 for points at the end of the season.

In C superstock/superbike, I finished between 5th and 11th, depending who else was on the grid that day (Steve being gone helped me get the 5th :p). That's with a starting grid of 14-17 riders.

I figure if I attended every race in my region, my worst finishes would be around 10th, and my best might land me on the podium if one of the faster novices crashes out. I got pretty close to a podium this season in B superbike, but again, that's more because it was a light grid (9 riders) than because I was kicking ass.

Up to this point, I've chosen having fun over trying to rack up championship points. That may change after law school, the bar, and a 'real' job.

I have all the race weekends off through August Craig, so chances are I will make most if not all of the race weekends this year. Pending no major issues/crashes...so maybe you can try it again with someone faster to work with! :D Though Brian will probably be there and then we all get schooled! :nono:

I have all the race weekends off through August Craig, so chances are I will make most if not all of the race weekends this year. Pending no major issues/crashes...so maybe you can try it again with someone faster to work with! :D Though Brian will probably be there and then we all get schooled! :nono:

:lol:

I'm still trying to talk the wife into moving our daughters bday party and our anniversary. :D

yuppers. i am deeply in the novice pile. they actually have a special category for me labeled "nubsauce"

I hope my asian buddy can make it back out, we had a good fight going at beaver. I missed you the last part of the season. :spank:

I'm going to try and make all the moto series events and some wera events.....i mean theres only 5 i think in the north central region

which is why i said the 2012 is less ridiculous. I would really like to do a "full" north central season as well, but time (and more importantly funds) are at a premium.

I raced the last nelson event last year when I did my race school to get a full license. As Jbot said, Im in that special class. I mean I always did ride the short bus to school anyways.

But this season I think I should be able to make almost all the events and race at most/all of the ones I make.

And, a lot of guys do not do full seasons. Even AMA Privateers like Wrobel and Neyra don't as it is too much money. Or, if racing WERA and other regional events, there is no longer any money to be made like it used to be. I could win $1500 per class back in the day. It wasn't uncommon to see the likes of Jensen and Batey, etc. racing and making $10k plus a weekend...

Why do you ask?

And, a lot of guys do not do full seasons. Even AMA Privateers like Wrobel and Neyra don't as it is too much money. Or, if racing WERA and other regional events, there is no longer any money to be made like it used to be. I could win $1500 per class back in the day. It wasn't uncommon to see the likes of Jensen and Batey, etc. racing and making $10k plus a weekend...

Why do you ask?

just wanted to know who competitively races.

and how often they do.