Derbycon is on!!

Tonik

Ok, last year I didn't realize how many IT folks we have here so I never mentioned it until several OR people came up to me at Derbycon and said hello. So this year you folks get some pretty advanced warning since my ability to procreate is responsible for this event happening.

http://www.derbycon.com/

Dark right now for SOPA, but back soon. Dates are Sept. 28th through the 30th. All the 'classroom' training has been moved to Thursday during the day. They have added a newbie track for the want to be hacker. Even if you just run a network you should take this track. If you don't know the basics of how they are going to come after you then you are certainly going to suck at defending your network.

There are been some additions to the speaker list the other days whose names will blow your socks off. I can't say who yet. I also can't say who will be the entertainment at the beer bash but that is pretty darn cool too.

And the lock picking pavilion will be back of course. Woot!

I bring it up now because hotel reservations are open now with the official discount at the headquarter hotel the Hyat in Louisville. It will sell out but I wouldn't panic until tickets go on sale for the actual event in a couple of months. There are tons of other very nice hotels within a block or so and there are some 'cheap' hotels in that area too. You don't need a car other than to get there (I ride my bike). Everything you need for the weekend is within 2 blocks including an awesome party district. Very safe neighborhood and I was totally comfortable with my bike in the Hyat garage all weekend.

Early hotel reservations at the Hyat here: https://resweb.passkey.com/go/derbycon2012

137 a night. Conference admission is 150 and the training Thursday is extra. I can't recall the price on that.

• Upvote 1

Plus I'm told the barcode stuff actually works now

You were probably told that by the gut that made last years barcode system that was so full of fail. I am waiting until I actually see it in operation before I get too excited.

FYI, If any of you have experience or are looking for a job in the Pen testing/IT Security field, please let me know.

If you are not open to travel approximately 60%, this is probably not the right opportunity for you.

Anyone who has those skillsets and doesn't want to deal with a jackass like Flounder, please contact me.

Sounds like an oppertunity to save some gas with the EX, but slabbing for that long wouldnt be so fun.

You are in Cincy right? Slab it....lolz. No, drop down to 22 and take that across. You know about that road I hope. If not you need to get on it. That and 10.

You are in Cincy right? Slab it....lolz. No, drop down to 22 and take that across. You know about that road I hope. If not you need to get on it. That and 10.

That's my plan. Work might actually be paying for it as well. Do you know if there will be any database security info presented?

I heard the AFJ Admin was giving a talk about DB Security... :dunno:

:D

I heard that. Something about user table dumps with full password hashes and their salts being perfectly safe on pastebin because the hashes can't be cracked?

By the way: :bow:

That's my plan. Work might actually be paying for it as well. Do you know if there will be any database security info presented?

There hasn't been an open call for talks, but if any come up i'll let you know. Worst case we may force one of our guys to talk on it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Tickets and training went on sale today. I would suggest getting a room pretty darn soon if you want to stay at the Hyatt. The other hotels nearby won't be a problem but the Hyatt will sell out at some point.

Ping the organizers if you need to use a PO instead of a Credit Card.