Road rager shoots at drive in New Albany

Scruit

http://www.10tv.com/content/stories/2012/01/26/new-albany-alleged-road-rage-victim-helps-police.html

NEW ALBANY, Ohio - Investigators said Wednesday that they would not have tracked down the man allegedly responsible in a shooting without help from the victim.

Garret Gray allegedly nearly shot a driver at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday morning near the intersection of state Route 605 and Central College Road, 10TV’s Jason Frazer reported.

According to police, the victim, who did not wish to be identified, allegedly got into an altercation with Gray, 23, while driving.

Edited by Scruit

Gotta love exaggerated titles

From the article

"Garret Gray allegedly nearly shot a driver"

"During the altercation, police said that Gray allegedly pulled a gun."

At no point does it say that a gun was fired.

I think thats what we call brandishing. Hard to say at this point if it was warranted. Sounds like both parties were stopped and out of their vehicles. Gray may have felt he was at risk of injury. Probably not and it was just a case of an idiot showing off but we don't know.

Still the discussion should have never gotten any where near this point.

Craig

Edited by CBBaron

From the article

I think thats what we call brandishing. Hard to say at this point if it was warranted. Sounds like both parties were stopped and out of their vehicles. Gray may have felt he was at risk of injury. Probably not and it just a case of an idiot showing off but we don't know.

Craig

I thought the same thing. Unfortunately, channel 6 is reporting a shot was fired through the driver's window...

http://www.abc6onyourside.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/wsyx_vid_15867.shtml

Edited by Scruit

I've seen a black vette around here before. Doesn't ring any bells with me in particular and I seem to attract assholes on the road. Wonder what the other person was driving? That's like two miles down the road from my house. And I can testify that there's some serious douchbags in the area...

From the article

I think thats what we call brandishing. Hard to say at this point if it was warranted. Sounds like both parties were stopped and out of their vehicles. Gray may have felt he was at risk of injury. Probably not and it was just a case of an idiot showing off but we don't know.

Craig

If both parties were stopped and out of the car they are both retarded..

If both parties were stopped and out of the car they are both retarded..

There's a gravel parking lot in front of a church at that intersection. I wonder if they at least pulled in there.

What I find stupid is that the guy had the gun and a marijuana pipe recovered from his Corvette.

New Albany, proof that just because you have money doesn't mean your smart. :lol:

Victim = I was driving in the left lane, reading the cost analysis report I was to busy to read at work because I was sniffing the secretaries panties, and trying to enjoy my moca-capo- extra frothy-exresso columbian blend, retune my GPS to show me the weather 30 feet ahead of me and also readjusting my steering wheel so I could cross my legs when this kid behind me flashes his lights for no reason. So I jacked the breaks trying to get him to rear end me because this is my road built for me by my boss Less Wexmillionair.

Perp = Dude was all over the road, talking on the phone speeding up to 85 then coasting down to 45 before he'd look up, hogging the left lane so I couldn't get past him for over a mile. That's when I did like on the autobahn and flashed my lights. He hits the breaks making me drop my big mac and f-up my cd changer sitting in the trunk. So I went Grand Turino on his ass like in da movies.

Yep, both are idiots. :lol: