helmet opinions

Hoblick

i've talked to one of the guys at sportbiketrackgear. he seemed to have raced a season with every single product available. if i were that concerned, i'd ask them about fit.

but for me, my star is the best quality for price. if i wanted the best comfort, then i'd walk around all day in my pj's, bath robe, and giant scooby doo slippers...

I had a Joe rocket rkt101 red carbon when I first got my bike. Loved it. Then some ***** pulled out and front of me and I cartwheeled down the road at 50mph and the helmet functioned almost perfect. Never shifted on my head, not to much damage done to it tbh, but the shield did fly off. Then I got a scorpion exo1000 and I hate that helmet with a passion, fit is all wrong, it's heavy, it has cruddy airflow, I did like the pump though. And halfway through last year someone was running a closeout on rkt101's again so I got another red carbon :D

I have an Arai and agree with Rollo. Its loud as hell. I got one of those wind screens that fits on the bottom around your neck to try out this season. I hope it works because otherwise I love the helmet.

Gump and I checked out the schuberth? at IMS and its nice, but expensive!

I have an HJC RPS-10 that I used all of last year and really liked it.

HJC's seem to fit my head well, and the RPS was extremely light, which I liked. Since I always ride with earplugs, I really couldn't tell you about the noise.

I did a trackday last year with a guy that had one of the new Bell Stars and it seemed like a really nice helmet. One of the things that I really liked was the visor than transitioned from clear to dark based on the lighting which is something I wish was available in other brands.