WTB: 2009+ Yamaha R1

Hailwood

nice is that the one from Kentucky ?

Yeah.

582 miles, bone stock and probably the cleanest used bike I've ever bought. With his asking price (and the Rossi colors!) I couldn't pass it up.

Congrats! Guess you won't be buying mine.

It's actually too bad since I really liked your bike especially with those Leo Vince pipes, but I couldn't pass up this deal.

Edited by Hailwood

Yeah.

582 miles, bone stock and probably the cleanest used bike I've ever bought. With his asking price (and the Rossi colors!) I couldn't pass it up.

It's actually too bad since I really liked your bike especially with those Leo Vince pipes, but I couldn't pass up this deal.

I'm not mad at you, I would've done the samething. Looks like you got a great deal. Glad to see another X-plane R1, on the board. Now it's time to mod that thing. ;)

yeah thats a really clean bike the guy had a video on youtube and it looked nice i really like the rossi colors even though he doesn't ride for yamaha any more (what a shame) ... now you got to join the r1 forum too

I've been lurking on the R1 forum for quite awhile. It's given me some great ideas for what I want to do to the bike.

Finally got out for a first ride last night before the rain hit again.

This thing is a damn animal, and yet one of the smoothest engines I've ever experienced. And that noise! I kept ripping through the gears just so that I could blip the throttle and downshift. My plan of holding off on getting a set of pipes for awhile is quickly being re-thought...

I can't wait for some better weather :D

Finally got out for a first ride last night before the rain hit again.

This thing is a damn animal, and yet one of the smoothest engines I've ever experienced. And that noise! I kept ripping through the gears just so that I could blip the throttle and downshift. My plan of holding off on getting a set of pipes for awhile is quickly being re-thought...

I can't wait for some better weather :D

Don't be cheap, and go with the Leo's.

Don't be cheap, and go with the Leo's.

At this point I've got it narrowed down to either the Leo's or a set of Arrows.

I'm a huge Akrapovic fan as well, but with the price premium over the others, I'm thinking I might go with something different this time arond.

At this point I've got it narrowed down to either the Leo's or a set of Arrows.

I'm a huge Akrapovic fan as well, but with the price premium over the others, I'm thinking I might go with something different this time arond.

IMO, Leo's & Arrows sound the best, on 09-12 R1's.

Congratulations...Wow you really changed up a bit on the new bike of choice.

Interested in your thoughts, I hear the new R1's are very uncomfortable to ride at any distance.

I was going to buy one instead of the Ninja, but the many negative reviews on comfort steered me away.

Congratulations...Wow you really changed up a bit on the new bike of choice.

Interested in your thoughts, I hear the new R1's are very uncomfortable to ride at any distance.

I was going to buy one instead of the Ninja, but the many negative reviews on comfort steered me away.

Yeah, I decided to go in a different direction. I'm still a huge fan of the N1k (although not the insurance rates for it) but ultimately decided that it was just a bit too similar to my FZ1.

I certainly can't speak for the long distance comfort of th R1 as of yet, but my initial impressions are pretty positive other than a bit of heat while riding in town. Depending on how the first few long rides go I may look into some heli-bars and the Yamaha comfort seat, but overall I'm pretty happy with my choice.

Edited by Hailwood

im not a fan of the leo's i just don't like the look but if your set on the leo's i think there is someone on the r1 forum selling a set ... you maybe could get a good deal on them... i just bought a set of yosh trc-d I'm putting them on today from what I've seen on youtube these sound amazing

Yeah, I decided to go in a different direction. I'm still a huge fan of the N1k (although not the insurance rates for it) but ultimately decided that it was just a bit too similar to my FZ1.

I can see owning the FZ1 and an N1K as a useful combination, one ready for long spirited rides to the Mountains, and one for your SE Ohio rides, but on the other hand, I can see why you would not want to own both, yes they are very similar once you take a closer look.

The insurance rates can be adjusted correctly for the N1K, it took me a few phone calls, and some online work, but I did get my rates significantly lowered...Why the insurance companies are still listing the N1K as a ZX10R is ridiculous, now they know the difference, but refuse to correct it unless confronted.

Have you taken a look at Scorpion for exhaust?

I like the idea of not having to repack the exhaust, yet still getting good flow, and quality sound (as advertised anyway).

I have not owned any products from Scorpion, so I am not sure if they are of the same quality & performance as the Arrow's, or the Leo's.