anyone have any experience with super pocket bikes?

magley64

http://www.minipocketrockets.com/super-pocket-bikes-x19/

was thinking about grabbing one of these for backpack...

anyone seen one in person, ridden one, etc?

looks like it passes federal regulations, so I could get it titled and street it.

otherwise i'd like to find her a YSR or NSR that is streetable.

I've got a pocket bike. Blast to ride....when it works. Have broke 3 starters, chain keeps popping off. Was gonna try to get a group of them to run at circleville(got permission from the guys that are on here, Ohio minimotorcycle league I think) and then mine broke so never did it.

• Upvote 1

Total shit, how? Frame breaks after 10 mins? Engine blows up?

from my experience with chinese cheapo bikes, the VERY FIRST THING you need to do is change the oil. the oil in my chinese pitbike looked like crisco. i wouldnt want to ride it very long with that stuff in there.

then go through the entire thing and torque/locktite every single bolt that you can find.

the chains are usually crap too, so if you buy a decent new one (did, rk etc) you will prob. have better luck.

i think a lot of ppl make the mistake of thinking its just like a jap bike or something, and they just get the bike and hop on without doing anything, then it just falls apart.

its not a jap bike. its a chinese bike, probably assembled by 12 year olds. not designed by a team of engineers and assembled by the latest in automation.

if you take the 20 minutes and do a little preventative maintenance, you will have better results than if you dont.

• Upvote 1

from my experience with chinese cheapo bikes, the VERY FIRST THING you need to do is change the oil. the oil in my chinese pitbike looked like crisco. i wouldnt want to ride it very long with that stuff in there.

then go through the entire thing and torque/locktite every single bolt that you can find.

the chains are usually crap too, so if you buy a decent new one (did, rk etc) you will prob. have better luck.

i think a lot of ppl make the mistake of thinking its just like a jap bike or something, and they just get the bike and hop on without doing anything, then it just falls apart.

its not a jap bike. its a chinese bike, probably assembled by 12 year olds. not designed by a team of engineers and assembled by the latest in automation.

if you take the 20 minutes and do a little preventative maintenance, you will have better results than if you dont.

^^^This

The ones we rode were the same as shown and they are not the same as an NSR or YSR. They are total shit, dude. The 4 stroke motor has zero balls vs the 2 strokers and wouldn't hold a candle to one head to head.

You can find good used YSRs cheap and there is at least a cult group of guys that own them and easily can source parts. These Chinese bikes are typically containing tolerances similar to the Grand Canyon. Some will last while other will take a shit 2 hours in.

I know the one we rode around on and that a shop owned stopped running after 3 days. Something popped in the motor I guess...

The fact is that for $700, you'll have almost that much in a few years just in replacement parts and things most likely. I had a Chinese CRF50 replica after building a true CRF50 and it blew a tranny in a week. The engine cost $200 which was cheap, but in this case, that's almost a 1/3 of the cost and you'll probably need another in similar time...