120,000 foot space dive!

kawi kid

Its scheduled to happen this year. I'm curious how his body will take going from stationary to the sound barrier in less than thirty seconds. :eek:

http://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/aviation/safety/felix-baumgartners-120000-foot-space-dive-its-on-6653505?src=rss

I read that it is going to come from 150,000 ft. drop. And when he hits the air, what little bit there is, it will be -72 deg. From that altitude, depending where he jumps from, he could be as close as 1000 to 3000 ft. from true Space.

I don't know if it is balls the size of Ohio, or just plane nuts.

I guess we will see. :wtf:

Ride safe all,

Greg

He must be using multiple parachutes to keep from sudden deceleration shock. It'll be interesting to know the physical results of decelerating from falling that far. Well, if the parachutes work it will be interesting, otherwise we all know the result of sudden deceleration when you hit the earth.:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Even with the early drag chute to prevent spin, a spin can get going anyway.

It must be avoided, since it would knock you out and blood flow would stop. Dead. Spin dead.

Only needs one main chute, the max speed falling is limited, and it's done all the time.

The new part, is hitting supersonic in thin air wearing an armored space suit.

That's tricky enough, so many things could go wrong.

i agree with the single shoot. you have to remember that he may be breaking the sound barrier but thats because the air is so thin. when he gets closer to earth he will actually slow to terminal velocity which is around 125MPH and at that point wont be any different than a regular sky dive except he still has a big suit on.