Roadtrip Anyone?

Jst2fst

Call ahead and make sure they are doing out of state. I got my Pennsylvania through the mail and it's a paper card I had to laminate my buddy got his at sheriffs office and has plastic card I wanted to get a duplicate so I would have plastic card and I called Erie county sheriff which is where I work and they said they were not doing any out of state permits Crawford county told me the same thing. Mine was issued from Centre county and she said I'd have to go there for plastic card which is 4hrs one way. This was in November so it may have changed by now.

You could get a Utah permit - the only state (from a quick glance) that Pennsylvania gets you that Utah doesn't is Maine, and Utah gets you plenty others to make up for Maine.

I mean really, who wants to go to Maine with a handgun, anyway? It's not dangerous there.

Plenty of places right here in Ohio to get your Utah permit. I may or may not have taken training down in Portsmouth - it was late May and I decided a nice leisurely ride back up through Hocking was in order, otherwise I'd have done it in Columbus.

Ok, so when I called the sheriffs office this morning they do; do non-resident permits. All you need is you issuing state CHL, drivers license and two non family references plus the $20 for the application fee. Their about 3.5 hrs from columbus one way

I'm still laughing that you had a del sol.

I was bout taking that ride, but like Craig said, it goes back to the Del Sol. Thing got more mpg than hybrids, and I'd drive it everywhere. Literally. MI, NY, CLE, etc.

But I'm totally cereal about this trip. Just gotta be back at a decent time or the finances, I mean fiance will pull the man card.

Ok I've been at work all day so I haven't really responded to this thread. Ok as it stands Friday the 23rd of March I will be heading to PA to pick up their CHL. I've got a nissan pathfinder and I've got 3-4 seats open. They do the CHL's from 8-4 M-F. So I'm thinking of leaving Ohio by like 6am and picking people up along the way or meet up somewhere just pitch in for fuel. I'll try and keep this updated as the date gets closer.