Worthless degrees

ReconRat

well said!

this is what i was told also "it doesnt matter if you have a degree in farm animals, employers just want to know you can commit to something and finish it"....figured under that mentality, a broad degree like business cant be the worst way to go...leaves me some options open....i graduate in august and still have no idea what i want to do lol....just going to find whatever i can find and see how it is....anything is better than working UPS and pouring concrete

Biggest cop out degree ever..

Bet Crystal room students can wait tables with the best of them. :D

some weird things in colleges now....i think i saw that gen3 was taking a class at osu where all they do is eat and make chocolate...and they actually give you college credit hours for this lol

I don't know, I think there were lots of people I met in college who were there for the wrong reasons and taking the easiest degree they thought were available. Like football players who take communications degrees and then you hear them on the news and you can't understand half of what they say.

Organizational leadership is wsu's cop-out. They put in a coupe psych and business core classes, and said fill up the rest with electives

oh schools like WSU totally botch OrgLeadersip! What a disgrace :nono:

Crystal room sounds like the regular titty bar in your neck of the woods?

And bad, no offense intended, but isn't it basically a conglomeration of business management or something like that?

It's all that in one. It's a student ran restaurant.. A Freind of mine taught there as she took me my first semester on campus.. We waited over an hour to get cheeseburgers. So I'd say they need some help. No titties involved though.

I didn't need a degree to be a firefighter.. But it helps if I want to advance.

With that said, I got my Fire science degree and working on my BS in Emergency Management... I don't really need them, but it's nice to have when my son grows up and asks why I push education when I've got a good job with no degree.. Now I can say, I do, and get your butt in school!! Lol

And bad, no offense intended, but isn't it basically a conglomeration of business management or something like that?

oh I didn't take any offense have no fear. Cincinnati was one of the first in the country to actually offer the degree. I started in its 2nd year, was engineering first but was way too bored and lazy for it. At Cinci, 80% of my classes were in the business college, 10% communications and 10% pick what you want which more me ended up being my first year engineering classes

My bachelors in mechanical engineering has served me well for the past 3 decades. My hat is off however to those that persue a degree in something they are passionate about with monetary payback being 2ndary to their passion.

My bachelors in mechanical engineering has served me well for the past 3 decades. My hat is off however to those that persue a degree in something they are passionate about with monetary payback being 2ndary to their passion.

This is the precisely the reason I'm getting my phd in mech eng. Its fun, I really enjoy the research that I'm doing... but the awesome part is that I get sent to conferences all over and I get to tack on vacations every time. The best part is that school is free. If you get above a 3.0 in undergrad engineering, you can easily get a research position that pays you to go to do research and takes care of your tuition. So while I'm not bringing in mad moniez right now, I get to take a couple pretty sweet vacations every year, and I pretty much make my own hours.

I have to say, I do think its cool for people to go to school and study something that they are passionate about, but the people that go $50K into debt studying a field that they probably won't be able to get a job that will adequately pay them to pay off their debt , I just don't get. If you want to learn something that badly, learn it. Read books. You don't have to pay a university for that.

I have to say, I do think its cool for people to go to school and study something that they are passionate about, but the people that go $50K into debt studying a field that they probably won't be able to get a job that will adequately pay them to pay off their debt , I just don't get. If you want to learn something that badly, learn it. Read books. You don't have to pay a university for that.

Agreed. And don't forget the career students that are afraid to leave college so they keep accumulating degrees and debt.

thats a pretty awesome gig! applause!

This is the precisely the reason I'm getting my phd in mech eng. Its fun, I really enjoy the research that I'm doing... but the awesome part is that I get sent to conferences all over and I get to tack on vacations every time. The best part is that school is free. If you get above a 3.0 in undergrad engineering, you can easily get a research position that pays you to go to do research and takes care of your tuition. So while I'm not bringing in mad moniez right now, I get to take a couple pretty sweet vacations every year, and I pretty much make my own hours.

I picked a bachelors of science.. My neighbor went to school for HVAC and cant get work. ?? Akron U has an associates degree for servers, as in waiters. That might be my next venture.

This is odd, I went to school for the same thing and have no problem finding work, could just be your area as well.

some weird things in colleges now....i think i saw that gen3 was taking a class at osu where all they do is eat and make chocolate...and they actually give you college credit hours for this lol

Food science 101- chocolate science. We do 39 tastings, make our own chocolate bar, and did a tour of Anthony Thomas. It is 2 credit hours. Last quarter I did food science 170- beer and wine in western culture. Sadly we did not have any in class tastings but we did get a ton of ideas on what to try.

These are not for my degree I just had elective hours to kill off.

Since a lot of you here have engineering degree's.. Is it possible to get one doing school part time? From what ive researched it isn't, hopefully one of you can prove me wrong :)

Real men ride twins

It can be done. I'm working full time and taking 2-3 classes all 3 semesters. I will be done next spring.