Hospital carry

idodishez

A hospital is like any other privately owned business in regards to carry, correct? Ok to carry unless otherwise posted? (most i have seen ARE posted, but a few haven't been) New job duties will put me in hospital or nursing home environment every day.

Googled and looked at ohioccwforums but get conflicting answers.

NoBama 2012

My understanding is yes, no sign you can carry. Although I've only been to one hospital while I had my CHL.

If its concealed, nobody sees it. If nobody sees it, it never happened. Why do so many over think this and make a big deal out of it?

Because, believe it or not, most want to stay legal.

• Upvote 1

While I know your position on this, and would probably feel the same way with your situation, I want to play by the rules in this. At minimum if caught I potentially lose my CHL. Maximum I get potential fines and prosecution. Especially if a hosp is treated like a government building, school etc. Which I also saw conflicting answers on

NoBama 2012

Because, believe it or not, most want to stay legal.

Yes. I dont want to be "that guy" who gives CHL holders a bad name. After all we DO tout that we're the good guys right, and that we are all law abiding gun owners?

NoBama 2012

After all we DO tout that we're the good guys right, and that we are all law abiding gun owners?

Im not a good guy, Imma dick

And really by going into a business that has a no carry sign you are breaking a rule not a law. The law gives you the right to carry, thier rule says you are not wanted to.

Yes. I dont want to be "that guy" who gives CHL holders a bad name. After all we DO tout that we're the good guys right, and that we are all law abiding gun owners?

NoBama 2012

Exactly. You are doing it the right way. We don't want concealed carry to be one step forward and three steps back because of someone not knowing the law.

And really by going into a business that has a no carry sign you are breaking a rule not a law. The law gives you the right to carry, thier rule says you are not wanted to.

Well that conflicts with what I have heard and read. Illegal w potential to lose CHL and face charges.

NoBama 2012

The signs posted on your local gas station carry the same penalty as if you ignored someones no trespassing sign and entered their yard... but this is not the case with a hospital that has mental ward that hospital then falls under the forbidden areas

My instructor told us that in his experience most business owners will ask the person to leave or the cops will ask them to leave and if you do not then you will be charged... this does not always apply though you could get a canton cop and your fucked

Unless you carry in an enumerated place like a school or hospital with a mental Ward then your are breaking the law.

Unless you carry in an enumerated place like a school or hospital with a mental Ward then your are breaking the law.

Is that a typo? If not I'm confused. Did u mean to say NOT breaking the law?

NoBama 2012

Is that a typo? If not I'm confused. Did u mean to say NOT breaking the law?

NoBama 2012

He said its a rule which is true to an extent unless they press charges. I was saying carrying in an enumerated zone such as school or hospital it mental word is definitely violating the law!