AT&T 4g in Cbus?

CleaveTheGreat

Eh. I'll wait until the iPhone supports it. Speed never seems to be as much of a problem as strong coverage. Full strength 3G and HSPA+ are pretty fast for mobile browsing. I wish instead of these speed wars they'd have a coverage war. I'd much rather have almost all of Ohio covered in 3G and/or HSPA+ than 4G in a few places.

Eh. I'll wait until the iPhone supports it. Speed never seems to be as much of a problem as strong coverage. Full strength 3G and HSPA+ are pretty fast for mobile browsing. I wish instead of these speed wars they'd have a coverage war. I'd much rather have almost all of Ohio covered in 3G and/or HSPA+ than 4G in a few places.

I completely agree, but unfortunately that isn't the case. I could get a 4S but it only supports the low end of HSPA+ (14.4mbps) whereas the Samsung supports 21.1mbps HSPA+ (not that I'll ever get speeds like that) and I'll also be ready if/when we get LTE. Then whenever I am up for another upgrade hopefully the iPhone 5 will be out and will have a larger screen and support LTE so that I can switch back.

I'm not in C-Bus, but up in Cleveburg. My wife has the 4S and I have the Skyrocket. My phone is way faster than her's for mobile internet, google map stuff and pretty much anything else over the air. In wi-fi modes, both are the same.

I love the Skyrocket, I was in Indy, where they have LTE and I was using it over the air instead of the hotels wi-fi. It was way quicker on Skype.

I had a bunch of HTC Android devices and this is my first Samsung... Let's just say I will never own another HTC again. The Skyrocket is superior in every way. And dare I say, better than the 4S. Though, I am not an apple fan in any way. I'd much rather have the ability to do what I want to my phone.

I'm not in C-Bus, but up in Cleveburg. My wife has the 4S and I have the Skyrocket. My phone is way faster than her's for mobile internet, google map stuff and pretty much anything else over the air. In wi-fi modes, both are the same.

I love the Skyrocket, I was in Indy, where they have LTE and I was using it over the air instead of the hotels wi-fi. It was way quicker on Skype.

I had a bunch of HTC Android devices and this is my first Samsung... Let's just say I will never own another HTC again. The Skyrocket is superior in every way. And dare I say, better than the 4S. Though, I am not an apple fan in any way. I'd much rather have the ability to do what I want to my phone.

Awesome. Thanks for the input man. My gf has the original galaxy s and loves it. Looks like I may be making the switch soon...

Coming from an AT&T employee, 4G is completely rolled out in Columbus and the iPhone 4s supports HSPA+ which is AT&Ts current 4G tech. So no reason to wait for the iPhone 5 since the 4s already supports it.

Aren't they supposed to roll out LTE by the end of the year? That's what I was told at the AT&T store near Easton. If I can get an LTE phone now and be ready when it rolls out then I'm all for it. Next iPhone proably won't even be out until next year anyway.

I really doubt LTE will be in Columbus by next year, we only have 5 markets up and running right now and I think 10 more slated for "soon".

As far as android goes Samsung is the way.

Yeah I probably shouldn't believe that we'll get LTE just cuz someone trying to sell me a phone says so. But nonetheless I like the bigger screen and I'm ready for a change. And if I hate it I'll just use someone else's upgrade on our plan and get the iPhone 5 whenever it comes out :D

Thanks for the info, btw

Anyone in CBus with AT&T make the switch from a 3G phone to a 4G phone?

If 4G is a big deal to you, you really need to be switching to Verizon. Their 4G coverage is amazing. If you are staying AT&T I certainly wouldn't get the Iphone 4S with fake 4G on AT&T. Get a Droid or wait for the 5 if you are staying AT&T.

I would avoid the Skyrocket, if you want something bigger, its ridiculous but get the Note, if not that get the Galaxy S II.

What's wrong with the skyrocket? Isn't it just a Galaxy S II with LTE capability and a slightly bigger screen? I haven't really heard many bad things about it.

If 4G is a big deal to you, you really need to be switching to Verizon. Their 4G coverage is amazing. If you are staying AT&T I certainly wouldn't get the Iphone 4S with fake 4G on AT&T. Get a Droid or wait for the 5 if you are staying AT&T.

I would but unfortunately Verizon isn't an option. I'm on a family plan with some family members that are still up in NE Ohio and switching would be a major hassle with the contract situation.