my rc build

cOoTeR

In December I bought a beat to shit rc51 that was a theft recovery. I'm going to build it into a streetfighter with a kind of rat rod look. It didn't run when I bought it. I've been messing with it here and there I put in a new battery, replaced the right rearsets the front brake master cylinder, brake + clutch reservoirs, fuel pump, spark plugs and a bunch of other crap. Well after replacing the fuel pump it starts. I just flushed the clutch and brake fluids today. Next I'm going to flush the coolant and replace the oil. I finally figured out how to mount the gauge cluster. Ive got to figure out a solution for the headlights. I was going to try using the stock lights but I can't figure any way to mount them with out the front fairing. I'm going to replace the chain and sprockets because the stock chain is rusted like crazy. I'm going to change it to a 15/42 gearing. I need to install a new throttle side clip on the current one is slightly bent and the throttle sticks a little. I've got some tires to mount and after all that it should be road ready. After that I'm going to chop the tail and exhaust. After that I'm going to paint it flat black with some red pin striping well here's a few pics more to come.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14968&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=14969&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15019&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15018&thumb=1

Use a buell xb9s set up with fly screen.

The rc has a ram air intake that is basically where a windscreen would mount and I'm afraid that it might mess the airflow up too much.

• 1 month later...

Finally got some work done replaced the sprockets (-1,+2) and chain (520), and got the headlights mounted and the gauges mocked up. Took it for a short ride up the road its almost road ready. I've got Aztec8 lights on it.

Hopefully my pics aren't too small to see.

picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15754&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15753&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15752&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15751&thumb=1 picture.php?albumid=1397&pictureid=15750&thumb=1