IWB Holsters

hollywood3586

The only issue I have with these IWB is I don't really wear a belt. To something like this is going to feel bulky on one side. If I had a tuck able holster that has two clips its more evenly distributed around my jeans. Plus the retention feel better for me. I've seen these everywhere but I'm not a fan. ;) but thanks for the option. I like this old faithful one Parks suggested but I'm not sure I could or would be able to put the damn thing together. My OCD self would scratch it and freak out, or not center it right and I wouldn't carry it. Lol.

It didn't take long to get used to it, like I said I don't even notice anymore. Hell, I have forgotten I had it on me lol. Nice thing is when I get home, I can remove the holster and gun together quickly and easily. But to each their own. ;)

The only issue I have with these IWB is I don't really wear a belt. To something like this is going to feel bulky on one side. If I had a tuck able holster that has two clips its more evenly distributed around my jeans. Plus the retention feel better for me. I've seen these everywhere but I'm not a fan. ;) but thanks for the option. I like this old faithful one Parks suggested but I'm not sure I could or would be able to put the damn thing together. My OCD self would scratch it and freak out, or not center it right and I wouldn't carry it. Lol.

I wouldn't recommend an IWB without a belt for most circumstances. A good belt /holster combo will help distribute that weight so you don't feel bulky on one side. Since you aren't a belt wearer, I would look into a belly band type holster.

Edited by walther_gsp

you will definitely need a belt and I would suggest a gun belt (thicker) or you will be so uncomfortable that you will end up not carrying

The comfort-tuk I had on at the Berea gun show a few weeks ago was nice. I didn't need a belt and just the 15 minutes I had it on it was forming to my shape. I assume all leather is this way. I just don't want the restriction of a thick, giant belt. I don't wear them for a reason. I know I'll probably have to wear one when I ride, just because my crack is always creeping out from my jacket. But I just figured there were other options as far as those types of holsters.

You still need a holster... and have you tried drawing from the pocket? It difficult and can be easily fouled.

yes I have a pocket holster. It is indeed difficult especially with my fat sausage hands but for now it works for me :)

i carry my pps in a desantis iwb, no belt. works well, very low profile (that has a lot to do with the gun too, of course, but your gun should be similar) good retention, comfortable.

if you're just trying it out, it's a good start. if you're carrying every day, get something nicer (like a cross breed) and buy a gun belt. worth every penny (although, you can find the ones from 5.11 on sale for like less than $5 every once in a while).