Scooter

conn-e-rot

we have a ruckus that I love but I feel that a 125 Zuma would be a much better scoot for safety. The 50cc take a long time to get up to speed and 35mph roads are a little dicey.

I rode my scooter way more than I rode my bikes around town.

As with most things those two criteria’s don't go together. Cost of ownership is usually less with a more expensive scooter. I put over twice as many miles on my scooter last year than I did on my street bike.

I meant do any of the good ones sell cheap used

what is your budget and what kind of scooter are you looking for? are you looking for a really gay looking one like my vino, or a more sport looking one like a zuma, or a "urban" looking one like the ruckus? just around town riding, or are you going to be riding on lawns and slightly off road (this would necessitate an appropriate suspension).

what top speed do you need? that will determine if you need a 50cc or 125-150 cc.

i have seen vino 125's go for less than a 1000. zumas tend to go for a bit more than that. dont know much about ruckus, and the chinese multi-brand scooters can be had for like nothing depending on condition. i've ridden a kymco and that was a nice scooter. we ride trmn8r's off brand chinese scooter and it rides just fine.

I meant do any of the good ones sell cheap used

As a general rule, no. This goes along with the whole cost of ownership being lower for the better ones. As with anything deals can be had but waiting for them usually means you miss the boat when it comes to time enjoying your purchase. You have treated yourself to a top of the line discretionary toy why not do the same for her? If she ends up not utilizing it you will, scooters are a blast.

that is true. i bought the vino thinking my now-fiance would ride it, but she's ridden on the back all of 2 times. she couldnt pry it from my cold dead hands even if she tried

For a starter one cheap cheap cheap because I have a feeling she'll ride a couple times and decide she doesn't like it. Top speed about 50mph or so. She sat on a couple kymco and a suzuki burgman and i think it was a vino she liked the burgman size I'm just afraid it would be too much for her starting out.

As a general rule, no. This goes along with the whole cost of ownership being lower for the better ones. As with anything deals can be had but waiting for them usually means you miss the boat when it comes to time enjoying your purchase. You have treated yourself to a top of the line discretionary toy why not do the same for her? If she ends up not utilizing it you will, scooters are a blast.

Because if she doesn't ride it then it will sit and I'll get stuck trying to unload it.... sorry I've ridden scooters before and just not my thing I have no desire to ride one.

I'm now the proud owner of a gay chinese scooter. Did the same as you are intending to and bought it for my g/f who was going to ride it. She doesn't. I do. And I love it.

Its branded as a "Lance Venice" 150cc but most, if not all of the chinese scooters are made by the same company and badged differently with maybe some slightly different accessories on them. The 125/150cc engines are almost all "GY6" series engines that are knock-offs of the classic honda engines. Change the oil in em, clean the filter, and loctite the shit out of any nuts/bolts that come loose, and you can ride the piss out of them. Only issue I've had with mine is a leaky exhaust gasket. I just tell people it has a "performance" exhaust on it.