worst dealership experience

turboglock

I went to a H-D dealer right next to me (pataskala that should give away the dealer lol) just to get a oil filter for it (mind you i was doing my own oil change not asking them to work on it at all) They told me they dont sale parts for buells because they never sold them at that dealer. I start raising some shit like it uses the sportsters motor and you have a buell for sale on your floor right now used. so your telling me you will not service the person that buys that bike. after arguing for 40 min. the guy looks in the back and what dose he find an oil filter that even said buell on the box and then says o looks like we have 30 of them in the back. F-ing dealers.

Why are you surprised by this?

Lol !!!

I had never had to deal with an H-D dealer before I got the buell used and I do really like the bike a lot but will never buy a H-D or at least a new one if thats how they treat people. its called customer service they should look it up. :rolleyes:

Maybe go to your local Napa store and get filter #PS1394. Much cheaper, I'm willing to bet. Probably a better filter as well (made by Wix.)

I'm sure Carquest carries them as well, probably a very similar number (Wix as well) along with Advance Auto showing them in stock (using interchange from the Napa #) Mobil1 branded.

An oil filter is one thing that I would not get from a dealer.

Maybe go to your local Napa store and get filter #PS1394. Much cheaper, I'm willing to bet. Probably a better filter as well (made by Wix.)

I'm sure Carquest carries them as well, probably a very similar number (Wix as well) along with Advance Auto showing them in stock (using interchange from the Napa #) Mobil1 branded.

An oil filter is one thing that I would not get from a dealer.

Ya it was just really close to me I live like right next to the HD dealer so going any place else was driving father than I thought I needed to lol. I will just go to iron pony next time.

In 2008 I was looking for a new bike. The lightning was on my list and a HD dealer near e was a Buell dealer. They were such azzholes that I stopped looking into Buells and will probably never consider a Harley either.

In 2008 I was looking for a new bike. The lightning was on my list and a HD dealer near e was a Buell dealer. They were such azzholes that I stopped looking into Buells and will probably never consider a Harley either.

If you really wanna make friends head to AD Farrow on something other than an HD to meet a girl on a Harley.:rolleyes: I'm sure I heard three low growls when I pulled out of the parking lot with her following me. :lol:

On the other hand there used to be a dealership near IP that was the quicky-mart of bike sales. Took a girl there to look for a DS ride for her and the sales guy started spilling miss-information all over the place. I could barely correct him fast enough, so I finaly asked him, "what sort of bike do you ride". He answered he didn't ride at all. I refused his business card and said try it sometime before you sell anyone a bike.

Edited by buildit

I went to a H-D dealer to get fork seals and wear bushings for a friends Softail and the parts guy didn't want to sell me the parts. He wanted me to have my friend schedule an appointment for them to fix it, he said that selling me the parts was a liability issue for them and they didn't want sued if I messed up the job.

I've known their lead mechanic for 25 years and when I told him what the guy said he called the guy out and told him to sell me the damn parts and then stick to selling belt buckles.

Selling Buells at HD dealerships was a great idea :rolleyes: they go together like orange juice and toothpaste.

HDs plan was that sportbikes are beginner bikes and Buell owners would eventually move up to a big twin HD. That didn't really happen. TOward the end the Buell Ulysses was actually thought to be pulling sales away from HD baggers. Just one of many reasons HD pulled the plug.

For Erik Buell Racing to be sucessful, they need to sell EBR bikes alongside, Ducati, Triumph, BMW, Aprilia, etc.

Mines a car dealet in Mansfield, Honda dealer to be exact, my parents were looking to buy a brand new Honda Accord in 01, cash, they knew exactly what they wanted, to a T, color, options, blah. We walked in and sat down with this long haired guy, I forget his name now, but my friend said he still works there. Dad said here is what we want, give us the out the door price, we will write a check today and you can order it for us. We didn't need a car, we had 5, but 1 was a lease so it was due in 2 months, giving us ample time. Anyways, the guy comes back and says, oh no, we can't get that, you want this, this, and this. My dad said, no, we want you to either find this car or have it ordered, we do this with all the Fords and Chryslers we buy with the X and A plans and it's never an issue. He said he couldn't do it. Dad said okay then, what's the price on what you want us to buy out the door.

Guy leaves, comes back, says they have one on site(naturally), and the price is XX,XXX, dad says okay, I'll make a check out for that right now. Dealer goes oh well that isn't out the door, that's just the sticker price, we have to add tax, title, etc.

The 3 of us stood up, walked out, went to the Toyota dealer 1 mile away, told Charles the only dealer in Mansfield we will work with about it, said it happens all the time. Sat down, got exactly what we wanted to a T, wrote a check, walked out, picked the car up 2 days later.

Since then, I believe we've bought 2 or 3 cars from him, cash. He works at the Toyota department of Grahams in Mansfield, and is awesome. Actually, we bought Ford Edge from him too, he's the only guy my parents will work with.

wait you argued with a counter person at the dealership for a whole 40 min? I think that makes both of you retards.

why anyone buys a stock oil filter at the dealer is beyond me. there is a cross reference chart all over the internet for crossing over from bike filters to a car's filter.

take that number and head down to the nearest auto parts store and get yourself a 100% better and 1/2 the price filter.

like a purolator, wix, bosch, mobil 1, etc.

Edited by serpentracer

wait you argued with a counter person at the dealership for a whole 40 min? I think that makes both of you retards.

why anyone buys a stock oil filter at the dealer is beyond me. there is a cross reference chart all over the internet for crossing over from bike filters to a car's filter.

take that number and head down to the nearest auto parts store and get yourself a 100% better and 1/2 the price filter.

like a purolator, wix, bosch, mobil 1, etc.

hmm lets if you look at the rest of the comments you will see i live right next to the dealership so its this thing called convenience. as for expressing my feeling to the dealership and showing discus with them in the way they treated someone that had a buell dont see that as retarded as much as proving a point. :p

I can tell pretty quick if the person I'm talking to has a clue or not in the first few sentences.

if I can tell they're not really up to speed on anything I'm talking about I drop the issue and move on to something else. it's not worth the effort for me to explain shit to them.

just like the guy at the awesome small's hardware by my house (fantastic selection of nuts/bolts etc) if they sold safety wire pliers. and he looked at me and said I'm not sure what those are even for. so I said that's ok you don't have to look for them. and paid for my things and left.

I would not have stayed at that dealership... If some moron waists 5 minutes of my time, I quietly walk away and they do not get my $$$... Yes I get the fact its right next door but in this day and age poor customer service does not deserve my money. I will go to the next guy even if they have to order it.