Straight pipeee

attentiongetter92

Who here would be interested in making one for a vw gti 1.8t? It has to follow stock lines. And be as inexpensive as possible. First necessarliy have to be rust proof, as it would be sprayed with a rust risistant spray paint. Car is in Dublin and I could drive a little bit to have it done. I've tried a couple race shops and the prices they quoted me were absolutely obscene for it.

Well what are you looking for then? A straight pipe to me is header back street or track. My old mans shop does custom exhaust if you are looking for someone to bend a catback. Quality Automotive on east main street.

Well what are you looking for then? A straight pipe to me is header back street or track. My old mans shop does custom exhaust if you are looking for someone to bend a catback. Quality Automotive on east main street.

they seem like good people in there...stopped by to chat for a few last month...might end up taking my girls honda there since its a piece of shit and were tired of working on it

wouldnt it be easier to just get a stick of pipe the same size and simply cut your muffler/cat off and put a new piece in? any tuffy, firestone, etc should be able to flare the pipe for you so you can just clamp it on....or even use those bands where you just butt the pipes up together and tighten it down

they seem like good people in there...stopped by to chat for a few last month...might end up taking my girls honda there since its a piece of shit and were tired of working on it

You probably talked to my brother or old man. I will be in there next week prepping the bike for spring.

wouldnt it be easier to just get a stick of pipe the same size and simply cut your muffler/cat off and put a new piece in? any tuffy, firestone, etc should be able to flare the pipe for you so you can just clamp it on....or even use those bands where you just butt the pipes up together and tighten it down

The hard part would be snaking it over the axle, can't run a true straight pipe under the car bc it'll scrap. :thumbdown:

Yeah that was my brother. He traded in his '06 R1 for that :nono: He likes it though so....?

That seems counterintuitive to owning a motorcycle lol

The hard part would be snaking it over the axle, can't run a true straight pipe under the car bc it'll scrap. :thumbdown:

You don't replace the whole exhaust, only a 2 foot or so section where the cat is. Take off the exhaust, cut out the cat, then measure how much straight pipe you need to replace it and flare the ends or whatever.

ok this makes more sense....i was wondering why not just replace with pieces of piece....if you up a size you need a whole system made....do they not sell a bolt on system anywhere for a reasonable price? you could always install it yourself

Haven't found anything. Im wanting catless all the way back.

To be truly rustproof, may as well pony up for 3" stainless or at least aluminized steel to get any real life out of it. We have a local muffler shop on our side of Ohio that mandrel bends anything you want, and any size you want......but its cheap galvanized pipe. I had a Ranger that got all new exhaust from the collector back for like 90 bucks, no catalytic and cheap muffler but it lasted a couple years.