Wax

Monstrosity

Since this just came to life again, I tried the Meguiars Ultimate last night on fiance's 2012 Escape since I wanted to wash it and see what it looked like with a hand wash and wax not just the dealer BS. Anyways, I did the whole care in under 1 hr waxing it by hand, even though I own an orbital. This stuff is amazing to remove, I only used 5 microfiber clothes on the whole car. It includes a huge microfiber that could probably do a car itself which is what they say is key.

When it all comes down to it, wax all goes on the same, its the removing that's key. The car is Suede White/Pearl White, and I didn't notice any swirls or anything.

Application:Normal, first wax so no cleaner or clay bar was needed

Removal: Quickest ever, like I said, 5 towels was all I needed, 1 was about the size of 2 normal towels but anyways

Shine: Up there, maybe not as good as my NXT or Eagle One Tech Wax, but definitely solid. I read NXT is best for removing swirls actually vs Ultimate, but being brand new I dont care.

Durability; TBD

Stuff is PRICEY though so it better last.

How many coats did you put on? Keep me updated on how long this lasts?

Does that shit actually work?

I never used the nu finish to see if it restores like in the junk yard videos.

I use the polish, and car will bead water forever. I also use real wax if and when I have the time. Mostly I use a lot of the Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Detailer. It is fast and easy, I am always to busy to wax the right way so I like the spray on's. The other day I picked up this stuff haven't tried it yet.

http://www.eagleone.com/wax-as-u-dry

+1 on the Zymol. I have no idea where to get it, but when I was still in the body shop, it was amazing!

all the chain auto stores used to carry it but I can only find it at a specialty auto place up here and they rarely have it in stock. Been ordering it off Amazon the last 3 years.

Been hands down my favorite OTC wax I've used. Cheap, Easiest hand application and a great deep wet look

Does that shit actually work?

not like the commercials. Its ok stuff but I thought it sucked to use if you're not using a buffer. I tried it on my first LBTS car that had some dulling paint and it was just ok, never bought it again after that and gave it away to a friend

Will do, only one coat as that is all I normally do at a time. However, I am extremely anal about my cars and usually wax them 3-4 months apart with a single coat. Being that her car barely took any time at all, this will be the norm. My F250 I do twice a year and then I pay someone to do it one other time. The 250 is parked outside, I use EagleOne Full Syn, whatever it's called, and then wax as you dry and it still beads like the day it was waxed. As for what the people use when I have them wax it, I am sure it's a watered down Meguiars bulk shit.

I will update this thread on the Ultimate, also I will be applying the ultimate to my F250 next month before race season starts with my orbital then removing with normal hand strokes(lol).

Turtle wax liquid Ice! It can be put on any part of bike. makes paint shiney and slick and also works on black plastic. No need to worry about paste or white residue on black and in cracks.

+1

Cleaned my bike up real nice

Turtle wax liquid Ice! It can be put on any part of bike. makes paint shiney and slick and also works on black plastic. No need to worry about paste or white residue on black and in cracks.

i just bought the wash soap, interested to see how that does. I haven't used any turtle wax products in nearly 10 years as I was disappointed by the results back then

I'm OCD bout my cars and bikes so I keep em all clean. The turtle wax ICE wax works real good and when they get dusty or water spots from a rain I just use the synthetic detailer and just wipe the car down and it looks like I just waxed it seems to last about 3 months or so, I try to wax every 3-4 months as it is. Also just bought some turtle wax bug and tar remover and stuff works great.

all the chain auto stores used to carry it but I can only find it at a specialty auto place up here and they rarely have it in stock. Been ordering it off Amazon the last 3 years.

Been hands down my favorite OTC wax I've used. Cheap, Easiest hand application and a great deep wet look

I remember it being great. We used it in a shop that I worked in back in '92, and we got it from some chemical company out of Findlay, but haven't seen it since.

Lemon-scent Pledge.

I got into this habit with my Connie...I avoid the citrus scented ones though...there is a distance possbility of being stuck in traffic and drawing in some interested bees! Ask me how I know :eek::eek::eek:

Update; the mowers at my fiance's work decided to cover her car in grass clippings last week, most of them came off on the highway drive home, so that's a plus. No rain since then, or anything out of the ordinary, but everything still looks shiney and clean. Washing it this weekend with the new Meguires wash and wax Ultimate too. Stuff is pricey but I used it on my old car and it made water bead on a 93 that had never seen wax once.

Hoping to do my truck this weekend or some of it at least, and it sits outside 24/7 due to size.

Okay, I'll post twice in a row, I'm fine with that lol.

First review on Mequires Ultimate with washing my fiance's Escape today was holy fucking water beads. I mean it was unreal the beading that stuff provided. She didn't drive in any construction areas or dirt these past weeks, but this stuff is amazing. I had the whole care washed in 10 minutes, and dried in under 2. I did use Wax as you Dry by eagle one during drying BUT, even before then the beading was unreal.

I put some on my truck's roof, hood, and front fenders/bumper and really feel this stuff IS the next premium wax.

The only thing I noticed was I use way more of it then the other stuff. By that I mean it's a tad thicker then the other BUT it dries so fast and is removable in 5 minutes max. I know because my truck was done in direct 7pm sunlight, what was left and still buffed right out.

Worth the 30 so far for me. I will get 2 trucks, 2 SUV's, and may even wax my Accord for SandG.

Bro, actually, I used the Meguiers Ultimate wash and wax on it a while ago, just ya know, soap, and dude beading. Not a ton but yes, fact. I'm going to Pick N Pull today hopefully to get some lug nuts to put on the new hub caps lol. Love it!

I've used Meguiars and have had no complaints. Since I live on a dirt road, just a simple rinse from the hose makes it look nice again.

Going to try this: http://5starshine.com/

A friend of mine uses it because his father-in-law put it on his (I think) '02 truck, and the paint still looks new. The truck is used at construction sites, and back roads. He has only rinsed the truck with a hose, and uses the wash once/year.

I'll keep you informed when I get the new stuff applied.

Adding the hubcaps to the car tonight when I get home from work Bad, gonna make those wheels look sweet! Then giving her a real nice wash Friday night and probably going to wax it saturday/sunday. Yes I am serious, going to play pretty hardcore with the orbital buffer and try to see what I can do....

Going to use some Eagle One Tech Wax that I still have though instead of the Ultimate just because it's in the garage more than it's outside.