Attorney General Eric Holder: We Must 'Brainwash' People Against Guns

Casper

When the Arizona 'papers please' issue came about, Holder weighed in to quickly dismiss it as unconstitutional. Afterwards we heard very little from the 'Law' community, but a US Constitutional lawyer, now living in Canada, spoke up. She explained that the reason no one like her who still lived in the US gave their opinion because of the pressures that would be borne in doing so. She said that now living in Canada she was free of much of those, so......she said Holder was wrong in his literal interpretation of the law and Arizona had every right to take the steps they did, according to the US Constitution. She went on to say that based on this, in addition of other things Holder had said and been involved with, it was obvious Holder did not know or understand the US Constitution. I guess its not important for the US Atty Gen to have to bother knowing such info......and based on whats happened since, I tend to think she was right.

Disclaimer: I am most assuredly NOT a fan of President Obama nor of Mr. Holder...

The title of the video (and of the thread) "Brainwash people against guns" is disingenuous at best.

I watched the video, and then watched it a second time to make sure: Nowhere does Mr. Holder suggest "brainwashing people against guns". The point he was trying to get across was that youths, and in particular male, urban youths (read black teenage males) think guns are "cool" due to what they see in "media/the entertainment industry" (rap videos, etc.) and was proposing that an effort be made to make them "uncool" to the target audience (black, teenage males).

Yes, I would imagine that Messrs. Obama and Holder would like to whittle away if not entirely eviscerate the 2nd Ammendment, but this video (from 16 years ago) did not capture him saying anything of the sort.

*** edit: NRA member, Ohio and Utah CHL licensee, and until the horrible smelting accident I may or may not have owned and used firearms...

Edited by jblosser

Disclaimer: I am most assuredly NOT a fan of President Obama nor of Mr. Holder...

The title of the video (and of the thread) "Brainwash people against guns" is disingenuous at best.

I watched the video, and then watched it a second time to make sure: Nowhere does Mr. Holder suggest "brainwashing people against guns". The point he was trying to get across was that youths, and in particular male, urban youths (read black teenage males) think guns are "cool" due to what they see in "media/the entertainment industry" (rap videos, etc.) and was proposing that an effort be made to make them "uncool" to the target audience (black, teenage males).

Yes, I would imagine that Messrs. Obama and Holder would like to whittle away if not entirely eviscerate the 2nd Ammendment, but this video (from 16 years ago) did not capture him saying anything of the sort.

*** edit: NRA member, Ohio and Utah CHL licensee, and until the horrible smelting accident I may or may not have owned and used firearms...

get out of here with your reason and logic. this thread is to get people riled up with misleading information!

get out of here with your reason and logic. this thread is to get people riled up with misleading information!

ZOMFG OBAMA WANTS TO BAN ALL GUNS!!!!!11!!1!

Better? :rolleyes:

he does, btw, you just can't use this video to show it.

...I thought this Breitbart fella got hisself murdered by Obama's henchmen a week or two ago? :confused:

Edited by jblosser
men, not man

I just copy and pasted. :)