Suzuki demo truck at Pony Powersports May 19th & 20th

Iron Pony

Mark your calendar May 19th & 20th Suzuki demo truck at Pony Powersports.

This is the weekend after Mothers Day, but before Memorial Day weekend.

Come out and take a Suzuki for a test ride.

More details to follow.

Where can we find a list of models available to test ride?

Suzuki rep does not yet know what models will be on the demo truck. As soon as I have the list I'll post it.

All street bikes, no off-road, but I'm sure there will be dual sports.

Suzuki rep does not yet know what models will be on the demo truck. As soon as I have the list I'll post it.

All street bikes, no off-road, but I'm sure there will be dual sports.

I guess I should specify; I'm interested in the GSX1250.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I guess I should specify; I'm interested in the GSX1250.

Thanks!

I spoke to the Suzuki rep about why the 1250 is not on the list. His response was they are not bringing in any 2012 1250s into the US and they only have current machines on the truck.

He went on to say that he does not think there has ever been a Suzuki demo in Columbus that offered GSX-R & Hayabusa test rides. If you have ever been curious about what it is like to ride one of these beasts now is your chance.

May 19 & 20 Pony Powersports

9 - 6 Sat

10 - 5 Sun

suzukitestride.png

Tim, come down and try everything. It is not about teasing yourself, it is about trying something new & different. I will probably try most of the bikes just to get a feel for the different dynamics of them....

If your not busy on the 19th or 20th I can think of very few things that would be more exciting than trying out a bunch of different Suzukis....spending the day riding, new, fresh, machines. Wearing out tires that aren't mine, burning gas I didn't pay for.

I know what my bikes feel like, but it is always fun to swing a leg over something new.

I promise you'll have a great time.

Suzuki will only let you ride their high performance bikes GSX-R 600, 750 & 1000 + GSX1300R if you have had your endorsement for three years.

Be forewarned.....if you came here "all the way from Alaska" to ride the Hayabusa and you earned your endorsement in 2011 they are not going to let you ride.

You can ride any of their other models, just not the crazy fast ones. :bow:

This is the policy of Suzuki's insurance company. :o

Suzuki will only let you ride their high performance bikes GSX-R 600, 750 & 1000 + GSX1300R if you have had your endorsement for three years.

Be forewarned.....if you came here "all the way from Alaska" to ride the Hayabusa and you earned your endorsement in 2011 they are not going to let you ride.

You can ride any of their other models, just not the crazy fast ones. :bow:

This is the policy of Suzuki's insurance company. :o

I'm not worried I've had mine since 99 but how do they know I just looked at my license and it doesn't say on it

See....there you go Tim, being the smart guy.

They are going to ask you how long you have had your endorsement and are going to hope you give them an honest answer.

Questions about how do I put it in "D" will also get you uninvited to ride one of the fast machines.

See....there you go Tim, being the smart guy.

They are going to ask you how long you have had your endorsement and are going to hope you give them an honest answer.

Questions about how do I put it in "D" will also get you uninvited to ride one of the fast machines.

So asking how a Busa handles off road will get me pulled off the bike. :D

So asking how a Busa handles off road will get me pulled off the bike. :D

:lol:

Tell them you are going to take it to the drag strip, I'm pretty sure they will let you do that after you get done off roading :D

As for the other guy I think if your 19 or under it's a no go for test rides on those machines. If you lie and you wreck I'm pretty sure you just bought yourself a bike and some jail time for fraud :dunno:

I'm not sure how something like that would work, but it is probably just a liability issue with suzukis insurance policy. I wouldn't think it's strictly enforced, but you might be required to sign some paperwork stating that you agree with said policy and if it is found that you broke said policy then a whole lot of legal mumbo jumbo will be involved.

Good times....did a few test rides today....sort of unannounced, just to get our feet wet and make sure it was going to be a good time for everyone this weekend.

The bikes are running great and we have a really nice 1/2 hour course lined up and the weather is going to be perfect.

Come on out, I promise you'll have a great time.