CrossBreed

bowdog

Recieved my new Crossbreed Holster today in the mail today... I have to say i am not overly impressed with first impression. Paid a little extra to have the horse hide and it feels nice but the screw heads and things are marked up from where they assembled. :(

Paper work that came with it says i need to oil the leather. Anyone have any suggestions on oil?

I will update some more after wearing for about a week and get it broken in.

I use baseball mit stuff, nit the kind you put in the oven. Call or email crossbreed they should make it right. I've had like 4 or so and they are nice when you break them in. I'd like to pickup a comptac to try.

Honestly don't notice a lot of difference between my CB and my cheapie Blackhawk nylon holster (as far as comfort). And the nylon one doesn't contribute to holster wear, whereas the CB does.

Now I will admit that I haven't had a HUGE amount of break in time w it. Not shortly after I got it I started working in a hospital, so I use the Blackhawk anyway as its easier to take off when needed.

NoBama 2012

I have noticed zero holster wear with the crossbreed and I've owned at least 4. Any leather conditioner should work it just helps soften it. Ive used the hell out 3 of the crossbreeds.

Thanks, had some oil from my baseball gloves so i used that. Only had for about a day but as far as comfort i do like, Not saying that i will forget it is there by any means but after wearing last night I am already starting to get used to it.

Love my comp-tac minotaur, and it doesn't push the manufacturer's religious agenda like the crossbreed does.

Yes because I allow a businesses religious agenda affect my holster purchase. Unless the put a 12' light up Jesus, Mohammed, Mary, atheist idol, etc I don't care! I want a comfortable all day holster the crossbreed fits the bill. I'm not saying it's better than the comptac because I haven't tried a comptac, the the crossbreed is definitely the most comfortable IWB holster I've tried. End of story!

Yes because I allow a businesses religious agenda affect my holster purchase. Unless the put a 12' light up Jesus, Mohammed, Mary, atheist idol, etc I don't care! I want a comfortable all day holster the crossbreed fits the bill. I'm not saying it's better than the comptac because I haven't tried a comptac, the the crossbreed is definitely the most comfortable IWB holster I've tried. End of story!

Amen brother

If the manufacturer feels its ok to advertise his religiousness on his product, I feel its ok to purchase a competing product which doesn't advertise any religiousness. It just seemed silly to me that crossbreed had to put crosses on it. Yes its their logo, but damn it pains my heathen eyes and conscience to wear a product that has crosses all over it.

Regardless, I've seen both and IMO the comp-tac is superior, religious idolatry aside.

• Upvote 1

Love my comp-tac minotaur, and it doesn't push the manufacturer's religious agenda like the crossbreed does.

Now for me that's actually a plus. To be willing to hold true to your convictions even when it may not be "popular". Although the rep (owner?) I dealt with at CB certainly didn't ooze any Christian like traits by any stretch.

NoBama 2012

I guess I never really picked up on the religious aspect of it, but it does have a big giant cross on it. It hasn't burned into my hedonistic skin yet. The CB can be noisy though, so put some wax (rub a birthday candle) under the clips where they touch leather.

And Kawi..., the CS Mamba is great IWB. The CB has a higher wall of leather to protect my fatty-ness, but I do like it for the Glock. The Sig's hammer would dig into me with the CS.

And I absolutely respect a company willing to uphold its values and not be pussified by political correctness.... regardless of those beliefs.

Edited by C-bus

If the manufacturer feels its ok to advertise his religiousness on his product, I feel its ok to purchase a competing product which doesn't advertise any religiousness. It just seemed silly to me that crossbreed had to put crosses on it. Yes its their logo, but damn it pains my heathen eyes and conscience to wear a product that has crosses all over it.

Regardless, I've seen both and IMO the comp-tac is superior, religious idolatry aside.

So you refuse to use cash too right? It says in God we trust. :dunno:

I guess I never really picked up on the religious aspect of it, but it does have a big giant cross on it. It hasn't burned into my hedonistic skin yet. The CB can be noisy though, so put some wax (rub a birthday candle) under the clips where they touch leather.

And Kawi..., the CS Mamba is great IWB. The CB has a higher wall of leather to protect my fatty-ness, but I do like it for the Glock. The Sig's hammer would dig into me with the CS.

And I absolutely respect a company willing to uphold its values and not be pussified by political correctness.... regardless of those beliefs.

You still using the sidewinder?