MotoGP: Start to the season

bigd

Hell of a finish for the moto 2 race! Hope the Moto GP race is just as close

Looks like Marquez (sp?) should be DQ'ed for adjusting his line and running that guy off the track.

Well, looked like something more than just a pass was going on there on replay.

Looks like Marquez (sp?) should be DQ'ed for adjusting his line and running that guy off the track.

Well, looked like something more than just a pass was going on there on replay.

Why should he be disqualified? Yes I will agree it was not the cleanest pass, however he is in the front coming into turn 1 and had a full length ahead of luthi. Luthi could of waited and let him have the position there and got him in another section but chose to try to keep going to get him on the outside. That's a racing pass, not the cleanest but not something that will get disqualified for. Their might be some words from race director to clean things up though.

Why should he be disqualified? Yes I will agree it was not the cleanest pass, however he is in the front coming into turn 1 and had a full length ahead of luthi. Luthi could of waited and let him have the position there and got him in another section but chose to try to keep going to get him on the outside. That's a racing pass, not the cleanest but not something that will get disqualified for. Their might be some words from race director to clean things up though.

this.

I bought a subscription too... What is to stop me from announcing my email and password so everyone could watch? Why don't we get 10 guys in next year and just pay $10? :p

I've always wondered this, I wonder if they'll allow multiple logins with the same profile at the same time.

It was the way he moved left and cutting off Luthi that looked suspect to me in the replay. Given they were on the straight, no reason to move left when he knew darn well that Luthi was there.

I guess Luthi bitched slapped Marquez at the end and pointed to his helmet, "what were you thinking" or "use your head" kind of motion for no good reason if it was a legit move.

$10 bucks says Luthi gets even before the year is out.

Yeah Luthi def B slapped Mart. It was kinda funny really. I mean racing is racing but he did end up pushing him into the grass so I don't think the time/place for a block was the best idea. Maybe accidental?

I do think next time they meet up, it may be interesting.

I plan on doing this move to John in a few weeks, see how he handles it.

I've been bumped at a motoseries track day before. Nothing intentional from anyone, and we all stayed up, but it was one of those moments where you're just riding along and then, "FUCK!?" which quickly subsided into, "it was pretty cool that 3 of us just came together, and no one went down!"

i will go ahead and say the pass that marquez put on luthi was a immature at best... but regardless there have been much more immature moves thrown down by much more experienced riders in the past. with that being said i loved the moto2 race and i cant wait until the talent in moto2 moves to motogp. iannone is a killer racer and a true racer at heart, marquez is a brilliant racer but i think his thinking almost cost him the race, and luthi is just all around a great rider thinker and hes obviously great at setting up a bike right out of the gate. and motogp will always be motogp, i will admit its killing me not to see rossi running up front and the field almost seems empty without simmonceli in the mix.

The racing in Moto2 was definitely much more entertaining to watch. There was real racecraft there, with the balls out riding of Iannone, the much progressed riding of Espargaro, and of course Marquez able to pull on everyone in the straights.

MotoGP just saw the aliens diddling up front again, Rossi failing and further discrediting his attacks on Stoner, but the amazing thing for me was Yonny on the BQR Kawasaki.

MotoGP is a mess this year. It's going to be a circus, but far from the best racing.

Honestly, I only watch to see how Spies and Hayden do.

Moto2 is amazing. I would say the only thing I like close to as much is AMA superbike and sportbike, and some of that appeal comes from the fact that I have ridden a few of the same tracks, and met several of the riders.

I know this is a MotoGP thread, but in general, the AMA racing has really gotten good over the last couple years.

Superbike is no longer the Mladin show (although Hayes and Young do seem to be a step above the rest of the field), Sportbike has large grids and tight racing, and SuperSport is like a preview of what's to come in Sportbike. Even the XR1200 races have been pretty amazing.

I know this is a MotoGP thread, but in general, the AMA racing has really gotten good over the last couple years.

Superbike is no longer the Mladin show (although Hayes and Young do seem to be a step above the rest of the field), Sportbike has large grids and tight racing, and SuperSport is like a preview of what's to come in Sportbike. Even the XR1200 races have been pretty amazing.

yes it has.

CRT is a good concept, but its almost like there are 2 races at the same time. Factory GP bikes, and the CRT bikes. I wish they were a bit closer in terms of lap times

I think the CRT development will come more and more this season and next - but yeah, it was almost like 2 classes at the same time