Installation of gear indicator light-2006 CBR 1000RR

Oneshot

I just put one on my 2008 & it was a 15 minute job. Make sure you get the kind that plugs into the diagnostic jack (on my bike its under the seat next to the battery). This type gives you pretty much instant readings. I hear that the other type that splice into the tacho/ speedo wiring have a bit of a delay in readout. Mine's a GI Pro made by Healtech & it works as advertised.

I just put one on my 2008 & it was a 15 minute job. Make sure you get the kind that plugs into the diagnostic jack (on my bike its under the seat next to the battery). This type gives you pretty much instant readings. I hear that the other type that splice into the tacho/ speedo wiring have a bit of a delay in readout. Mine's a GI Pro made by Healtech & it works as advertised.

Other than taking the seat off...what else do you need to take off the Cbr to install the switch up near the instrument cluster?

Healtech as he said is the way to go. Its the one I have. He has an 08, his is under seat. You have an 06, yours is not under the seat. Its behind the left side fairing on the frame. The fairing is all you need to remove. It comes with double sided tape to stick it to the brace right below your gauges.

Healtech as he said is the way to go. Its the one I have. He has an 08, his is under seat. You have an 06, yours is not under the seat. Its behind the left side fairing on the frame. The fairing is all you need to remove. It comes with double sided tape to stick it to the brace right below your gauges.

Sweet! Mine should be easy to install and route then. Thanks