Doesn't anyone make a 2200/1800 continuous watt genny?

redkow97

I'm so sick of generator shopping.

I've spent 3 days looking for a model that is big enough to comfortably power a set of warmers, and then maybe some other small appliances, but not so huge that it can nearly power THREE sets, and weighs over 100 lbs...

There seem to be a fair number of "1400" or "1500" continuous watt models, but most of their reviews reveal that they struggle to legitimately pull 1200 watts continuous. Those are rated for 1800 or 2000 watt peak.

Then the next step up always seems to be 4000 watt peak, 3250 or 3500 continuous.

This shouldn't cost me more than $250 or so to find something. The best I've come up with is this, but it's just small enough that I'm a little worried.

http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=powermate+vx+1200+generator+review&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=9296806118489862097&sa=X&ei=vTCGT5CaGKK98AHt1d2wCA&ved=0CGEQ8wIwAQ

How's $350 for a 2500w continuous, 3250 surge?

Or $302 for 3000w continuous and 3500w peak?

Due to all the Honda genny commercials I have seen lately I went there first and they were priced in the $2k+ range. I have no idea about generators so maybe your price point is too low? :dunno:

I have no idea about generators so maybe your price point is too low? :dunno:

it generally is :D

I was hoping to find something for $250 or under. $305 might be the best I can find though.

The used market seems to be mostly old, huge, gambles...

well, I went a little over budget and bought this model (but for $274)

http://www.bjs.com/store/all-power-america-portable-generator-with-2-500-running-watts-3-250-peak-watts.apg3012.html

2500 running watts means I could attempt 2 sets of warmers, but 1 plus a bunch of other crap will definitely be no problem. /rant

the era of race tires on the Happy Beagle Racing 600RR has begun.