pics after a spring refresh

optimoprime

figured i would share some pics after i got her ready and cleaned up for the spring.

over winter did some performance mods and took it into DTM brian who got her running good. so heres what i'm workin with

2009 yamaha r1

mods:

6k DDM tuning HID

airbox mod

stock filter

driven block offs

pcv

flashtune reflash

flashtune quickshifter

custom tune

leo vince y-pipe

scorpion Ti slips

driven/supersprox 520 conversion -1front

D3 grips/bar ends

photobucket-2537-1334522462053.jpg

photobucket-2530-1334522463344.jpg

photobucket-2564-1334522467988.jpg

photobucket-2217-1334522465398.jpgphotobucket-2594-1334522466686.jpg

photobucket-2468-1334522466045.jpg

me and cp09r1

photobucket-2565-1334522463998.jpg

Very nice! Forget about all the performance and engineering excellence - that classic red and white livery alone is bumping Yammy up to the top of my favorites list when it comes to the Japanese brands.

i do love the looks of this bike, main reason i bought it. now with the performance bump is more on par with the rest of the liter bikes. with 22k on the clock its only ever needed fuel pump as unexpected maintenance and that was only 100 bucks on ebay.

Looking good! I'm a huge fan of the exposed 3/4 pipe look on these bikes, and it looks fantastic with the Scorpions. I like the white rear seat too.

You're absolutely right about the performance difference after the re-flash. The extra power is nice, but the smoothness is by far the best part. This is now probably the easiest bike to ride quickly that I've ever been on. Now that I have the interface cable, I'd be glad to hook up any other 09+ R1 owners that didn't mind making a trip to Akron.

Looking good! I'm a huge fan of the exposed 3/4 pipe look on these bikes, and it looks fantastic with the Scorpions. I like the white rear seat too.

You're absolutely right about the performance difference after the re-flash. The extra power is nice, but the smoothness is by far the best part. This is now probably the easiest bike to ride quickly that I've ever been on. Now that I have the interface cable, I'd be glad to hook up any other 09+ R1 owners that didn't mind making a trip to Akron.

So, you'll flash my ECU for me? ;)

If you're willing to swing by Akron sometime (or I find a working laptop in the near future), absolutely! Takes about 20 minutes including pulling/re-installing the ECU.

I have no problem, making the trip. Thanks!! How's your schedule look for this weekend?