Gulf seafood deformities alarm scientists

Casper

aljazeera?
Yup.
THIS ^

Thought it was funny that arab news is covering this better than our LAMESTREAM media #ILOVESARAHPALIN

Magz, you're out of your mind. Fox News I'll give you, but the rest swing 180 degrees. I don't see CNN and MSNBC covering this. I don't see Obama on TV talking about it. Don't try to play the politics game here man. Both sides are ignoring this issue like a red-headed step child.
  • Upvote 1

Yup.

Magz, you're out of your mind. Fox News I'll give you, but the rest swing 180 degrees. I don't see CNN and MSNBC covering this. I don't see Obama on TV talking about it. Don't try to play the politics game here man. Both sides are ignoring this issue like a red-headed step child.

Don't think for a second that aljazeera provides non biased news coverage. They are prolly much worse than the others you mentioned.

I have actually considered starting growing my own vegetables and fruit hydroponically.

This may ultimately prove to be the idea of the century eventually - seems the safest route, unless the seeds you procure are already a tainted strain?:dunno: Then you just end up breeding your own private little garden of cancerous goodies

Don't think for a second that aljazeera provides non biased news coverage. They are prolly much worse than the others you mentioned.

Almost a tabloid type ploy to gain viewership? HOW DARE THEY!! :rolleyes: Internet's like TV.....hits are "ratings" right? :D

I especially like this caption from the article....

'Tar balls in their crab traps'

Provocative stuff :lol:

• Upvote 1

Uhm. Okay. Not sure what was biased in that article. There were just a whole lot of facts backed by references. :dunno:

Really? List 3 citations or you are completely full of shit.

Yup.

Both sides are ignoring this issue like a red-headed step child.

political bickering aside, this is the real problem, and has been ever since the well was "capped" and public interest started to wane. A story like this needs to be told to everyone, if only so they stay informed as to what's happening in the seafood supply and continuing environmental impact. I think the reason it's NOT being told is simply because seeing pictures of something like this, with the massively deformed crabs (and the rate of deformation), shrimp, and other staple foods on the 6:30 news would be a MASSIVE kick in the balls of both the seafood and tourism industries of those coastal states, and would prompt pretty widespread panic nationwide with the quality of the food supply. The damage is done, the oil and dispersants are out there. Short of building the deepest dredger known to man and dredging up all that oil that fell to the seafloor from the dispersants, I really don't know what can be done to fix this.

Sorry, was including fox in my "lamestream media" comment, wasn't trying to turn this into a political thread, just trying to be funny with the palinism...

I am honestly concerned that none of the major media outlets bothered to cover this, even mention it... bp must be paying them a lot...

Consider this...tourism and fishing are 2 of the biggest industries in N.O. which has been economically devastated since Hurricane Katrina.

What is the actual impact to seafood? Honestly, I don't know. But I do know that news outlets prematurely blowing this kind of thing out of proportion would kill what's left of their economy.

Consider this...tourism and fishing are 2 of the biggest industries in N.O. which has been economically devastated since Hurricane Katrina.

What is the actual impact to seafood? Honestly, I don't know. But I do know that news outlets prematurely blowing this kind of thing out of proportion would kill what's left of their economy.

Do you watch American news? Ever? They're the MASTERS at blowing things out of proportion.

Do you watch American news? Ever? They're the MASTERS at blowing things out of proportion.

It seems like you're on both sides of this.

Conspiracy? crab people? your point wasn't clear.