Windshield Crack Repair?

jessecwalters

I have a small crack in my windshield I just noticed this morning. I dont want it to spread or get worse, when I can get it fixed before that happens. So, has anyone gotten a crack repaired? Any shops/companies people recommend that are good/inexpensive. I dont plan to file an insurance claim on >$100 repair, unless it doesn't raise my insurance.

Not sure on the crack repair, but i had a stone chip in my front windowsheild. Safelight glass company came to my house, and filled the chip with some type of epoxy. After the repair, you could not detect where the repair has been made. The chip area never got any worse. The price was $50. A new windshield installed would have been $150. This was 4 years ago on a 2003 chevy monte carlo

They came out to my wifes place of employment and fixed her windshield (chip) for nothing out of pocket. It was turned into her auto insurance. Are you sure your ins policy does not provide for this too? Seems to pretty commonplace anymore....