WTB - .22LR Pistol - Buckmark, Mk III, etc.

mike884

are there any ranges in the Columbus area that have a decent assortment of rental guns; 22A, Buckmark, Mark III, etc? Most places I've seen have at least a Ruger sitting around, but not much else. Also, does anyone Columbus price match to Fin, Feather and Fur? Its long ride up there, but they are by far the least expensive around on most of the guns I am looking at.

Blackwing in Delaware has a pretty good selection of rental weapons. If you like a used weapon they have there you can even test fire it before you buy.

are there any ranges in the Columbus area that have a decent assortment of rental guns; 22A, Buckmark, Mark III, etc? Most places I've seen have at least a Ruger sitting around, but not much else. Also, does anyone Columbus price match to Fin, Feather and Fur? Its long ride up there, but they are by far the least expensive around on most of the guns I am looking at.

Figure out what you want and then send a PM to 8mmdale on here. I've never been disappointed with his pricing. He orders them, so not much in the case.

would it be worth heading out to the Gun show at the franklin county fairgrounds this weekend, or am I going to be disappointed. never actually been to one... ?

you will be disapointed in prices, but not selection

would it be worth heading out to the Gun show at the franklin county fairgrounds this weekend, or am I going to be disappointed. never actually been to one... ?

Good opportunity to see and hold various samples, but prices are generally high. Negotiations are expected though.

Anyone have a Beretta Neos? Looks a like funky, but felt good and seems to have decent reviews out there.

Yep had one for 6 or 7 yrs it eats any ammo you feed it. Good shooter, accurate, reliable, easy to take down. Wife loves it. I didn't buy one because I wanted something different. If you were closer I would let you try hers out. I think it fits your hand better than my ruger, although the ruger is more accurate since it has the heavy barrel. The neo is very accurate our of the box. The integrated rail is nice if you want to mount a red dot.

what's weird about .22 pistols is that it seems like the bulk of them are aimed at target enthusiasts.

I just want a simple short-barrel revolver that I could carry, or plink around with. I know a .22 isn't ideal for carry, but i like .22's and I really like being able to buy ONE kind of ammo. Plus a .22 revolver would probably fit 10 rounds, and I know there are ruger models that have interchangable cylinders so you can shoot .22 lr AND .22 magnum, which would be a little bit more defense worthy. shoot the lr at the range, and carry with the mags.

anyway, my point was that there are some cool .22lr revolvers with 9" barrels out there. I just wish there were as many with 3" barrels.

what's weird about .22 pistols is that it seems like the bulk of them are aimed at target enthusiasts.

I just want a simple short-barrel revolver that I could carry, or plink around with. I know a .22 isn't ideal for carry, but i like .22's and I really like being able to buy ONE kind of ammo. Plus a .22 revolver would probably fit 10 rounds, and I know there are ruger models that have interchangable cylinders so you can shoot .22 lr AND .22 magnum, which would be a little bit more defense worthy. shoot the lr at the range, and carry with the mags.

anyway, my point was that there are some cool .22lr revolvers with 9" barrels out there. I just wish there were as many with 3" barrels.

.22 Revolvers tend to have funky DA trigger pulls. The firing pin has more surface area than a centerfire, so the spring needs to be stronger, which is what causes the funky DA trigger pull. Some aftermarket spring companies have even stopped making replacement springs for .22 revolvers due to problems with light strikes, etc.

I went through all of this and decided to part with my .22 revolver. Shooting SA was good, but the DA trigger sucked. YMMV.

If you want a non target .22 that could be carried, take a look at the Bersa .22. I have one, they tend to like hotter .22 rounds, but it's a cool little gun.

Edited by Tpoppa