sky diving

grapesmuggler27

Where did you go? How high of a jump?

I did static line at a place in Grove City, PA.

The poeple that ran it were super cool. They had normal 9-5 jobs...on the weekends they jumped out of planes and then partied at a little campsite next to the hanger. Good times.

Edited by Tpoppa

Dude, come on. Why didn't you talk to me yesterday. My neighbor/friend is an instructor (ex military paratrooper), and is always trying to get me to go to Lancaster with him to go.

Get at me.

:confused: didn't know you knew someone hence why I posted here...but jackmotherfuckingpot I get with you tonight but I def wanna try to do this this weekend for my birthday as I'm getting to old :cry: maybe some place will honor my golden Buckeye card

Aerohio in Akron has a cool program that lets you do a solo program for your first jump. That is a bit more but has like a 4 hour class before you jump. I believe it's $299 or $329 but you can also do static and tandem cheaper. I have been wanting to for a while now.

I did it about 4 years ago with Green county (xenia?). Was a April jump in Tandem. Was a lot of fun, but the downside....it was april lol. At 10,000ft....it was 32 degrees! I would definitely use them again though.

Yeah that's where I'm looking at going was that place in xenia.

Been tandem once w a group from SBN several years ago. Skydive Chicago. Was ok, glad I did it. But prior to chute opening I couldn't breathe. Like sticking your head out the window at 120mph. But I haven't heard a lot of others say that so I may have been doin sumn wrong.

I know someone who is an instructor if the above lead doesn't pan out.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

Been tandem once w a group from SBN several years ago. Skydive Chicago. Was ok, glad I did it. But prior to chute opening I couldn't breathe. Like sticking your head out the window at 120mph. But I haven't heard a lot of others say that so I may have been doin sumn wrong.

NoBama 2012

same here as far as breathing

NoBama 2012

That is the only reason I haven't gone yet and possibly won't ever. If its very windy out and directed right at me, I can't seem to breath in. My throat just closes off like some sort of odd protection mechanism and I have to turn my head away to take a breath. Thank you for sharing this. I figure I'll just end up using my dad's old hang glider instead :D

Someone told me (afterwards) I should have been breathing through my nose and not mouth. (or vise versa, can't remember)

I was also having trouble not slobbering all over myself like some 90 y/o at the dinner table.

NoBama 2012

Tried to get wife to go to green county skydive over the weekend for her birthday. I may send a pm later this week if I can get her talked into it. My birhday is the 20th so we may both do it. Her one condition is that I go with her.

Tried to get wife to go to green county skydive over the weekend for her birthday. I may send a pm later this week if I can get her talked into it. My birhday is the 20th so we may both do it. Her one condition is that I go with her.

Man up and go with her!! On a side note my misses said there's no Fucking way she is doing it.

I went last year down in middletown I think it was. they go to either 13 or 15000 feet. I was amazing. I was calm as could be. First time in a plane that I can remember (flew to Florida when I was 2 or so I've been told haha) and I jump out of it. Do it and have fun. If your a big guy they charge extra just fyi (think its like over 220 they charge a buck per pound.)

I jumped at green co last year. It was a blast and good people there. I will be going again some time this summer. The key is you have to breathe through your nose. They tell you this before you jump but easy to forget. I tried to take 3 gasps and then remembered and breathing was fairly easy.

Make sure you tell them you like to spin HARD! That was almost the best part!

I went a few years back in Middletown, Start Skydiving. First you watch a bunch of training/liability videos with Epic Beard Man who apparently invented the tandem harness. Get fitted for a jumpsuit, put all the gear on and meet your rear (instructor), go through some positions, then get on the plane! They take you to 13,500 ft, then off you go! I wasn't told about the nose breathing thing, that was pretty difficult for me as well. Also, if you have issue with your ears popping, they most certainly will, early and often. 55 sec of freefall will seem like WAY longer than that, then once that chute opens. there's SILENCE. No sounds at all. Float down to the DZ, high five your instructor, and go grab a beer.