C5 Leather Custom Holster

BDBGoalie

DSCN1654.JPG

DSCN1656.JPG

DSCN1657.JPG

I had tried a few different IWB designs (Galco, DeSantis, Wilson...) over the years and have never really been impressed. I finally decided to go looking for a better solution. The Assistant Manager at Blackwing turned me on to C5 Leather.

I gave them a look and they seemed to turn out quality products similar to Milt Sparks and the other big name custom makers. They also claimed a 3-5 week turn around time. All for only $80.

I started a conversation with the owner and after a week of sorting out details, I placed my order. I ended up requesting a few things he did not offer (Off-white stitching with black leather, soft interior leather), and he said he likely would not be able to accommodate those requests but he would try.

Two and a half weeks later I had a holster at my door with a matching belt. Talk about fast service!

Even better the belt and holster were stitched in off-white, and was lined in goat skin for the softness I was looking for.

The retention is great in this holster. It does not move around on you. It keeps the weapon tight to your body and limits printing. It is much more comfortable than any other holster I've had. All the little details are perfectly done. One handed reholstering is almost effortless.

The customer service was awesome too. He answered all of my questions and explained all the little things. He got the job done right the first time, and he did it fast.

I'd recommend this style of holster to anyone that carries.

I'd recommend this company to anyone that needs leather work done. Just tell Jim that Ben from Ft. Campbell sent you and he'll get you taken care of.

http://www.c5leather.com/