Pa chl

Jst2fst

Ok, so I had originally planned to head to PA to get my CHL then get one from Arizona well since Arizona screwed me I have to get one from Uniontown,PA to be exact about 3.5 hrs away. I have been talking to wht_scorpion and were both heading out Tuesday May 22nd between 7-8:30am either riding our bikes or if we get enough people we will just cage it. I have two to three spots in my SUV all I ask is you just pitch in for fuel. They only do permits fron 8-4 M-F cost is $20 and you need you issuing state CHL and drivers license plus two non family references. Everything is done the same day pictures for the CHL as well.

Here is a link to the original post Mod's can merge the threads together if they need to. http://www.ohioriders.net/showthread.php?t=89039&highlight=roadtrip

Edited by Jst2fst
Date Change

I thought that if you had an Ohio license all you had to do was mail your info along with 20 dollars to PA and they would mail you back your permit.
Nope they change the laws inperson now

Yep. As of 31 March 2011.

http://www.dennynau.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=29&Itemid=34

Ok heres an up date uniontown PA is out just talked to Erie PA and they mail out. The permits within a week. Only reasons uniontown is out is because they just told me the two non family references have to live in Fayette County. Everything is still the same for price and requirements we can use each other as refelrences no problem. As well looks like the date might change to May 22nd in ordered to account for the shipping time just to make sure that will have the permits on hand. Before we hard to the gap.

Here the app for Erie pa carry conceal permit

http://www.eriecountygov.org/dept/sheriff/pdf/ECLTC10_08.pdf

sweet I might have to do this since I'm only 90 minutes from there. I'll have to look and see if I have time to do this and it will be ready for the trip

sweet I might have to do this since I'm only 90 minutes from there. I'll have to look and see if I have time to do this and it will be ready for the trip

Hell go for it your closer than we are. 1.5hrs vs 4hrs roughly

I was just looking at the firearm info packet online. Much easier to understand :D. http://www.eriecountygov.org/dept/sheriff/pdf/firearmspamphlet.pdf

so now I'm really considering doing this and going out to Erie next Friday but I have a couple questions

1) does the app have to be front/back 1 page or can it be 2 pages

2) do the references have to have any sort of qualifications or anything?

3) how long does the time i submit application until receiving actual CHL. tried to look that up and I couldn't find any solid answer

I would say does not matter on how many pages considering the app is online not many people are gonna do a double sided page. No quals from what I was told just can't be family members. I called them and was told the permit would be mailed out within a week. $20 to get it done need you Ohio CHL and drivers license and the app. Heres their phone number: (814) 451-7444. I've been calling at least twice a week to make sure I have everything we need before we make this trip on Tuesday.

• Upvote 1

I would say does not matter on how many pages considering the app is online not many people are gonna do a double sided page. No quals from what I was told just can't be family members. I called them and was told the permit would be mailed out within a week. $20 to get it done need you Ohio CHL and drivers license and the app. Heres their phone number: (814) 451-7444. I've been calling at least twice a week to make sure I have everything we need before we make this trip on Tuesday.

perfect. I would actually goto the one in Erie as its way closer for me