Alpinestar Customer Service A+

madcat6183

As some may know I went down at Putnam in the cluster fuck of an event with MCRC or whatever, and ended up blowing out my brand new SuperTechR's, wore through some leather and actually had the zipper fail both. This was a slow low side and I was definitely not impressed with the way they held up at first. However Theresa was able to fix them to last the rest of the weekend and I made it 10 sessions or whatever fine.

I contacted AStar Monday following the event and was asked to email them pictures and a brief scenario as to what happened which I did. The person I worked with Freddie told me that my boot could be repaired free of charge if I just paid shipping to them in CA. I sent them out the following day over night from work and received them back today repaired.

Their repairs included sewing a nice piece of leather where I had worn through the previous, and removing the old zipper and placing a new one in. I put them on today to try them out and they are working fine.

They do not have the exact same appearence as they have been down BUT the funtionality is what matters and the fact they did it for FREE is what makes me so happy.

This is truly the best customer service a company could offer and I am very happy to wear all AStar gear, boots, suit, and gloves. I will continue to support companies that support racers and feel this is a prime example.

A+ to A*!!

Glad your ok and that the customer service was great but that doesn't say much for the durability of the Alpinestar boots. I would expect better out of a $400+ boot (and Alpinestars!), though if you didn't get hurt I guess they did their job well enough. I would be REALLY concerned about the zipper failure though, especially in a low speed crash. Last thing you would want to happen is go down at 100 and lose a boot or have them wear through, IMO.

Edited by lobsta954

Glad your ok and that the customer service was great but that doesn't say much for the durability of the Alpinestar boots. I would expect better out of a $400+ boot (and Alpinestars!), though if you didn't get hurt I guess they did their job well enough. I would be REALLY concerned about the zipper failure though, especially in a low speed crash. Last thing you would want to happen is go down at 100 and lose a boot or have them wear through, IMO.

Yeah hence why I wasn't impressed either. BUT, these have an inner booty so there was no change at all of any pavement burns etc. The ankle was more sore from the bike being on top of it, but not really the boots fault.

Sorry I dont know how to post pics on here, and won't be dragging the boots out anytime other than the track, they went right into the bag. But they are solid and looks fine to me.