Tips on leg protection?

RSparky

Seeing Coolwhip's thread has me a little concerned. Plus, I just got my uniforms for my new job, and the pants are just slacks. I want to ride to work though.

So, I'm thinking some kind of knee pads that I can put under or over the pants. Haven't searched the internet yet, just wanted to get a direction before I go previewing everything. Also, I prefer cheap. This new job pays shit. :cry:

That philosophy would have me riding naked. Cheap is better than nothing, sir. I'm not going tracking anytime soon. I just want something to protect my leg/knees. The Stryker knee pads look legit, but they're also the most expensive on MCSS..

Seeing Coolwhip's thread has me a little concerned. Plus, I just got my uniforms for my new job, and the pants are just slacks. I want to ride to work though.

So, I'm thinking some kind of knee pads that I can put under or over the pants. Haven't searched the internet yet, just wanted to get a direction before I go previewing everything. Also, I prefer cheap. This new job pays shit. :cry:

You have uniforms but can't change at work? I'd backpack that shit and wear whatever makes you comfortable.

I wear sliders kevlar Jeans, they have Velcro pockets inside for knee armor. $80 for Jeans, $10 for armor. Change into your uniform at work (I use the handicap stall).

That's what I do and I also had no idea I could put armor in my Sliders :lol: I know what I'm getting soon

I can change, and I consider it, but I already have to hide my backpack full of books, helmet, and jacket in the cashier's office. It's a car dealership. The ten lockers for 30 men are already taken. And too small for a helmet, or backpack for that matter. Nonetheless, I'll look into those jeans. $90 for whole leg protection vs. just knees is intelligent.

I personally don't wear the armor for everyday riding, its a pain in the ass, they sit just below your knee while standing and rub you're shins when you walk. Also the Velcro on the inside pockets irritates the shit you of my skin, but they do offer a decent amount of protection and look pretty good.

I have sliders jeans as well. The knee armor imo wont stay in place if you ever need it. It moves all around. I bought the Taichi hard knee guards from sportbike track gear. They are very comfortable and seem to stay in place because they are directly on your legs.

Overpants. Ride with your work pants.

They can be had for $100 if you look around.