iPhone holder for sportbikes

idodishez

Ah yes, the otterbox changes the logistics a bit. I just plan to clip my phone into the iphone specific mount. My hope is that it is cut away on the back so I can catch some video also (if not, I have a dremmel). I'm tired of bolting a camera to the tank or the side of the bike.

I didn't even think of video w the phone. I have a contour on my helmet, but the iPhone video would allow for a different angle. Maybe some face shots

my buddy has some super strong velcro. got a spare case for the iphone, and put the velcro on the back. the other piece of velcro is on the tank.

the velcro he has is super strong. its actually kind of hard to get the iphone off. there is no way its going anywhere while you're riding.

Something I did with my old bike was take a armband you would put a iPhone in and cut it down to size, sowed some Velcro on it and stick it on my tank. I could just slide the iPhone outta the band and never worry about the Velcro degrading due to constant removal. I just want something more clean hell I might just make my own mount with a case, steel rod, brackets and some bolts or bad ass epoxy

• 2 weeks later...

a6895823-e56c-d944.jpga6895823-e58f-f67f.jpgGot the Ram mount installed. Good looking mount all together. Seem to be quality parts. As suspected though, not a huge fan of the "fingers" cradle for the otterbox. Also not thrilled with how far the whole thing extends/sticks out. Kinda like a sore thumb. Thinking I should have gone w a shorter "stem". (i think i got the medium one) My initial thoughts w the longer stem was to try and have the cradle next to the brake reservoir, UNDER the windscreen. But the angle of the ball socket swivel doesn't allow it to swing that way. Haven't had a chance to test stability on the road yet.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Cortech makes a gas cap mount for their Dryver tank bags, making it removable with a twist. Bags come in small and large AND have a metal mount to attach whatever device to the back of the bag. Not the cheapest route, but really well built, bike manufacturer specific. Pony has them in the luggage dept. Very similar to the big buck Bimmer models.