tl 1000s??

Gixxus Christ!

Thinking of buying/trading biker boys tl. I love my fzr but I've been wanting something fuel injected with a little more grunt. The price ($1750+ my fzr) seems pretty fair, even tho its two different colors, neither of which are blue. So what do you guys think? Should I do it?

Things on a TL to look for.

#1 fuel pump leak (witch i know BB already took care of thats why its 2 colors)

#2 stearing damper upgrade (witch i beieve his has too)

#3 frame cracks (there is a site to show you were too look ill post up later on my phone)

#4 clutch slipping ( a $30-$40 set or barnett springs will cure)

#5 Mapping is a bit irratic in the mid range she will hic up and burp all the time( no need to fix it gives her character)

#6 clutch cover leaks, the stock plastic cover is junk if its ever over tightened and will leak never over torque

You will love the torque and responce but she wont be smooth at all. The front wheel will pull up easy on hard shifts and might take time to get used to low RPM take offs.

I love my TL and prob will never part with her, but somtimes i miss the smoothness of a i4.

For more info check out

www.tlplanet.com

www.tlzone.net

Edited by 2talltim

heres the site to check for frame cracks and other info

http://wotid.com/tls/content/view/12/39/

dont know what you fizzer is worth but if i would sell my TL today i would ask no less than $3k for it but ihave a lot of top shelf add ons to mine

Edited by 2talltim

Doesn't sound like a BAD deal at all pending condition of the TL. I dont know much about them and dont have much V2 experience; but comparably, I've ridden a Superhawk and it is torquey to say the least - nimble for its weight too, probably since its a little narrower c.o.g. so its gonna be more fun to ride than your older Yammie. Can you post up pics of both? Colors can always be easily changed too. Buddy of mine had a blue TL, one sexy bitch and I loved the shade of blue on it. They are hungry for rear tires too:D

TLS is a sweet bike. I searched for a 97 forever before I ended up buying my SVS. Couldn't find one that was nice enough for the right $. Of course, a month after I got my SVS, my brother found this. C1500367.jpg

Pristine 97 TLS that a Suzuki Tech had owned. He had did the steering dampener recall, but kept the stock ECU. That bike was an absolute beast. I wish he would have kept it. He still complains to this day about selling it.

Well my fizzer is in excellent condition, has the airtech R1 body kit, custom fab headlights with 10000k HID bulbs, brand new paint, tires, chain, sprokets, plugs, yosh slip on, blue anodized pegs, blue flame grips, blue LED's all over under the fairings (for night visibility) 17,xxx miles and as of tonight new float bowl gaskets. She runs like a champ, gets over 100 no problem but I find myself shifting constantly around town and even though I LOVE this bike, I'm ready for something with more power. Still kind of second guessing myself on this deal, I think my bike is worth more than biker boy its giving me for it on trade, but a lot of that is sentimental. Here's a pic of the blue beast.

IMAG0141.jpg

Thats a nice bike! I wouldnt sell that for less than $2500 outright and NO less than $2k trade towards another. Maybe see if he would take your bike and $1200-1300? Very fair offer

Went ahead and traded for what we had agreed on earlier. This bike is a freakin monster. I think it actually flattened out my eyeballs.

Hit the brakes to hard and the tank will flatten out another pair of balls if your not ready for it. Lol.

cool bikes my buddy use to have a 97( I think?) tls same red color. They are a low end beast for sure. Just take some time to get use to the handling it can be a bear to ride them fast if its not set up right. His handled like shit when pushed till he messed with the setup on it.

Once you replace the rotory damper(rear shock) the bike comes ALIVE! These bikes SHINE at places like deals gap or any curvy road that is in the 30-75 mph range. Watch for water pump seal leaking and wire harness problems. Have fun and be carefull! It was nicknamed the widowmaker for a reason!

Ok, here's the real deal no-shitter on the bike after getting it home and really getting into it. Nothing here is meant to reflect badly upon biker boy what so ever.

The bike does not have stock clip-ons, it has heli bars, which is a plus. The ” choke” lever does not operate at all, this was a surprise. Not sure if its because of the heli bars or if there is some deeper issue.

The headlight is pretty much aimed at the ground. Can't see more than 15 or 20 ft at night without using high beams. The headlight assy also feels loose in the fairing.

after spending hours with a sack of old socks and a bottle of bike BRITE, the rims are not only clean but flawless. They look awesome.

The back wheel is not adjusted properly for straightness or chain tension.

The chain is pretty shot. Was bone dry and a bit rusty and shows a ton of side to side wear (probably from the back wheel being crooked)

Couldn't find any fluid leaks, all fluids are topped up and the right color.

front end was caked in dead bugs.... I wash my bikes at least once a week, just saying.

Windshield is cracked, should have noticed, but was not disclosed to me.

Came with swingarm spools!

All in all its a good bike, there are various other minor issues you would expect with a 15 yr old bike. The frame is clean and after a wash and wax she looks good. If a balls-out efi liter-class sport bike wasn't exactly what I was looking for I wouldn't have paid and traded what I did for it, but I'm happy with it for sure, and expect to put money into any used bike I buy.

Adjustment to your liking and some minor repairs aside, you stepped up in performance quite a bit - next level attained :D Did he disclose why the tanks blue and body panels are red? Just curious