My dad has cancer

scottb

Ya know, once in a while something in a song, or movie will set me off crying over the loss of my mom. It's almost totally random even. I was close to tears at work the other day because of a song that was playing on the radio, a song that I've heard hundreds of times in the past several years (my mom was gone long before the song came out) but for some reason that time it got to me.

My advice is to let it out and to try not to keep it in if possible.

I know this feeling. My Dad was a craftsman and used to tool leather, scrimshaw, wood burn, etc. He liked Ecclesiastes 3:1 and used it often on his project's captions. So when I see it, I always remember him. He also loved Ray Stevens, so I cant help but laugh when I hear it, I remember how he used to crack up listening to it:D

I know i am not the only person that has had a loss, thank you all for sharing. I know me and family will have to adjust to a new "normal". It has taken a few months to realize how to adjust and fill the void.

At times, I would like to push the pause button on life, and just rememebr the good and bad times too. Eventually, I think i will be able to talk about dad with a smile and not get choked up.

I am planning on stopping in for the dream ride Oct 6th, even though I will be in the car.

On positive outcome, I am looking into working for Western Reserve hospice. I know I would not be working with the caregiving side, but they always looking for people to assist those in need in other ways. Tasks like cutting grass, that the people dealing with issues do not have time to complete. Kinda like a "pay it forward" mindset.

Scuit, your message and tattoo of "because", really powerful stuff!!

Scott, I am sorry for your loss. I lost my mother in 1995 from lung cancer. It was a life changing experience. She was determined to beat it and fought like a warrior, however the beast won. I know she is at peace now. I pray for your Dad, family, and all angels who have departed too early from cancer. God bless!

• Upvote 1