Any Experience With The Rocket III

C-bus

I'm considering a Triumph Rocket III Touring among a couple other bikes (Victory Cross Roads and Road King). Any experience with them? Mechanical issues? Quality? Comfort?

To me the Rocket III doesn't feel right the tank is too wide or something and if I was looking for a bike to tour on the Rocket III fuel mileage would eliminate it from my list. Also none of the ones I have seen at dealers or show have had cruise control maybe it's an option maybe it isn't but for a long haul touring bike it should have cruise. Between the victory and HD I really like the victory line I have never ridden either bike but I have heard from several people that have owned both victory and HD and they have told me the victory is hands down a better bike handling, power, comfort, reliability they have it all covered. I plan on picking up a victory cross country tour in another year or so when there are more on the used market.

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys. Each has pros and cons from my perspective.....

Triumph

Not as many on the road

Tons of power

Price (my eye is on a leftover 2011 with every major option at $1k less than the Victory)

Quick release windscreen

Fuel economy reported 28 to 43 MPG

Weight

Victory

again, fewer on the roads

Power over HD

Well-appointed at less than HD

Quality reported as good

Dealership giving me $4400 for my bike

No quick-release shield

Not sure if I like the leather hard bags on the LE I'm looking at

lower resale than HD

Road King

Best MPG

Best resale

Quick release windshield

Reliability

Apparel

Higher price, especially to even it out with triumph or victory

I fit the stereotype too well.... guy who shouldn't be on a Harley on a Harley

I've been lurking on triumphrat for a while.... getting good MPG info, but mostly fanboys.

Edited by C-bus
  • Upvote 1

the triumph is so ugly

the harley sounds like a dying dick

this leaves victory as the only option of the 3

Admittedly, the victory was most comfortable in the showroom.

I have a 2009 Triumph Rocket III that I won last year. It was customized by Al & Ed's Sound. It's a great tourer and extremely comfortable, with an amazing amount of torque and horespower. It only has about 1800 miles on it, but I haven't had on problem with the bike. The only issue was the aftrer-market Radar Detector. A connection came loose, and I need to take it in for service on that.

I've been on the Road king and the Victory both. I was amazed at how well the Victory handled at parking lot speeds. It was really comfortable. Its engine was very impressive as well. The only counterpoint I see to the Triumph and Victory both is service related while away from your dealer. The HD dealer network is giant...anywhere you go you can get a broken bike fixed if it is HD.