FS: Kahr CW9

CleaveTheGreat

Apparently the 9mm Gen4 Glocks had some issues with FTE's and FTF's. It was supposedly due to incorrect recoil springs used in production runs up through Sept or so of last year. It is a big deal to many internet armorers and You Tube commandos with videos of brass being ejected into the face and such but many never had that first problem.

The .40 cal models seems to be immune to this. My Gen4 G23 kicks my spent brass 10-12ft to my 4 o'clock every time.

I read something about an issue with the guide rod causing failures to feed/eject. Did they fix that or is that something I'm gonna run into with any gen 4?
Should be fixed by now, I can't remember if that was with the 40s or 9s. The guy you are buying off is a glock armorer and could tell you.
Apparently the 9mm Gen4 Glocks had some issues with FTE's and FTF's. It was supposedly due to incorrect recoil springs used in production runs up through Sept or so of last year. It is a big deal to many internet armorers and You Tube commandos with videos of brass being ejected into the face and such but many never had that first problem.

The .40 cal models seems to be immune to this. My Gen4 G23 kicks my spent brass 10-12ft to my 4 o'clock every time.

Scarlett has it right. It was just in the 9mm. When they stepped up to a double spring the tensions were wrong for the 9mm. The .40 had enough power to cycle it just fine but the 9mm saw fte's in the hands of weaker or limp wristing shooter. I'm a left handed shooter so brass to the face every now and then is normal.

I'm not saying mine isn't without it's mishaps. Most of my fte is due to gripping to high. When I draw I grip extra high and I'll get a nice slide bite when I shoot causing it to not cycle proplerly. For that reason I'm looking into this.

http://gripforceproducts.com/

Made in Ohio :)

My XD9SC never ftf/fte? just saying? LOL!

Up until last weekend I could have said the same thing. Had 2 or 3 FTE on my XD9SC. was very surprised, and actually kind of hurt. It's the ones you love who disappoint you the most.

Doorfront Parking like a BOSS

NoBama 2012