god damnit.

Gixxus Christ!

How do you do that? There's no way I could reach the stand to pull it up while sitting on the bike.

While sitting on the bike normally, I brace my feet against the front of the stand (where the rollers are on my Pitbull) and just roll the bike forward. It should pop right off.

This does work much better on stands that use spools instead of supporting directly on the swingarm, but you can use it on either one.

Damn, sorry to hear about the drop, Sam.

A front facing handle is what I went with for my Duc and is very easy to handle while raising/lowering the bike. The rear facing one was a total PITA to handle while trying to balance the bike with my other hand.

Damn man, sorry about the shit luck - I'm anal with double checking EVERYTHING before dropping the bikes back down, probably due to hearing little horror stories like these time to time. Sometimes I even enlist the wifes help in holding it upright while I pull the stands.

Damage doesnt seem too hateful, but may be worth investing in ( or machining ) a set of sliders like Tim mentioned - and possibly some new "folding" levers? I try to be proactive when I encounter little issues like this to help eliminate future damnits

I feel your pain - garage drops are only just below the Titanic on the 'tragic events' scale. Really though, that doesn't look that bad. I had to really look at the first two pics to notice anything was wrong, and the lever is a cheap fix. At least it isnt cracked plastics or a trashed radiator.

i was thinking of doing that to mine if they faded anymore, even with them faded i still get complements on them. Just this weekend Harb as me if they were pazzo's

tumblr_m1ebhecDiy1r7no63.gif

Edited by Harb67
  • Upvote 1