Market Speculation

buildit

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTR and JPM have done okay but my hopes for FB seem to be failing me. Their next report is due end of July so I have to decide to either sit and wait or get out next time it hits break even status of 27.75 again.

Well, I have market gitters for the rest of the week so I pulled all three

FB in @27.75 out 28= $250

JPM in @ 32.5 out 34 = $1050

FTR in @ 3.50 out 3.70= $$200

works out to a nice $1500 gain for now but I think by next week I'll be glad I bailed.

what a ride today. I only wished that trades didn't take 15 min to process because I could have cleaned up in the last hour HA HA!

I catch myself yelling at the computer screen sometimes.:nono:

I'm with you on this!! Think I need to read up on just how to do a short sale thou.. I should have done better than I did on my FB short! Lol

But slow and steady :)

-VanDy

I'm with you on this!! Think I need to read up on just how to do a short sale thou.. I should have done better than I did on my FB short! Lol

But slow and steady :)

-VanDy

Overall I think FB is still in a position of real uncertainty and will drop again, but come end of july when it's first numbers get released it will really take off.

Watching the market today and thinking WTF? Every indicator says production is down, world economy on the edge of recession and politicians can't stop the bleeding. So why is the market jumping on the news the world bank is prepared to "Cushion" markets if Greece collapses? Is this a showing of just how clueless the markets are or is Europe fleeing to the US market making for a stock bubble that will burst next week?

Anyone else have an idea or theory?

I only need it to drop a whole bunch in a day to make money off a short sale!!

-VanDy

I only need it to rise a whole bunch to make a shit load of money with my long position :D

What a crap shoot today with the quadruple witching and the Geek vote this Sunday

I only need it to rise a whole bunch to make a shit load of money with my long position :D

What a crap shoot today with the quadruple witching and the Geek vote this Sunday

Well, today defied all logic IMHO. I am seriously lacking a big piece of information or the big gamblers took over the market today. I mean the reality is that Monday could become a record making crash depending on what happens this weekend. I'm kicking myself for getting out of some stuff yesterday because I was predicting a big sell off before the weekend.:( Anyone have a time machine so I can go back two or three days? :rolleyes:

I think the reality is many good companies are being beaten down by the rumors of Europe. Yes its a global market but when companies report profits and still loose market share just makes me scratch my head. Between emotion and computer trading I think this market is going to be crazy for a while. Definitely a fun place to be in if you can stomach it LOL.

Gold salesman called me this afternoon, said that we're at the end of a bull market, and everything is about to crash, so I should pull stocks (if I have any) and invest in metals.

Gave me www.businesscycle.com www.demonocracy.com and told me to google "tony robbins dire wakeup warning".

I think I just saw a piece of the sky falling outside my window.

My money market is now $100,034.53.

Everyone with less money should feel the shame of their decisions.

$101,500. I suppose I could buy a CD at .2% for a month. :rolleyes:

I have several indicators I have used to judge the market direction and status. They are ALL pointing down and not just a little down, but DOWN! That is why today just blows me away. As I said the ONLY thing that makes sense is that there was a mass exodus form European markets and Big Players spent there Millions of Euros buying up devalued US shares for one reason. If the Euro fails they can sell their US shares for dollars!

I'm slowly making money. 101800, not bad for 2 days work!

-VanDy

in the stock market? did you start out with 80k to invest or something?

everything I've learned about the stock market makes it not worth it unless you already have tons of money to dump in it to start with.

the average joe is wishfull thinking and wasting time. it's a rich man's game

everyone I now that has money in it act like big shots and watch the ticker and newspaper like their some important big shot. when I ask them how much they got in there it's always like 8k 10k 12k :lol: that took them 10 years or more to get.

for crying out loud, I can make that kind of money wheeling and dealing cars on the weekends with the help of craigslist.

Edited by serpentracer

in the stock market? did you start out with 80k to invest or something?

everything I've learned about the stock market makes it not worth it unless you already have tons of money to dump in it to start with.

the average joe is wishfull thinking and wasting time. it's a rich man's game

everyone I now that has money in it act like big shots and watch the ticker and newspaper like their some important big shot. when I ask them how much they got in there it's always like 8k 10k 12k :lol: that took them 10 years or more to get.

for crying out loud, I can make that kind of money wheeling and dealing cars on the weekends with the help of craigslist.

I was referring to the game :)

-VanDy

So much for the market dumping.

No Crap. Whatever is driving the market sure isn't being released by the analysts. Fits the term Bulls running wild in the streets.:rolleyes: