Ebay fairing stay?

RSparky

Yup. I need one. I'll give details later.

Anybody have PROOF that they are worse? There are a bunch from highly rated sellers for mid 60s. If not that, a guy at middletown cycle can get me a vortec (sp?) brand stay for 140.

^ sounds like you have already made up your mind... there is a lot of decent quality parts on ebay.. and A lot of people have had good results. Myself, hardparts all all name brand. Vortex does very well.. but thats IMO.

end the end its all a crapshoot.. you might be fine.. you might not.. but why take that chance unless you know a few others that have delt with that particular seller/ part/ brand?

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it works. It's not perfect, but i didn't expect it. The thickness of the cast is a little less than stock overall which came into play when pinching bolts up to it. Idk if it's just me expecting it, or if it's there, but the thinner material seems to give it a little more sway when you push on it. If it breaks, I'll be sure to update. Seems fine though.