my 2006 gsxr 1000 getting some boost

D-Ramey

the bike started out with a brocks pipe and pc3 and a swingarm and then a brocks short meg and bazzaz box with a little nitrous that got boring. i had the head ported and had 2 intake cams installed and bumped the nitrous up =) that got boring lol so now this is what im doing as of now slowly but surely

i should have probably posted this in the pic and video section my bad lol

1452.jpg

1346.jpg

320.jpg

323.jpg

538365_10150784395961341_706461340_11895017_878316744_n.jpg

411635_10150784446871341_899057589_o.jpg

Edited by D-Ramey

video.

1/4 mile.

now.

as soon as i get her done O.R will be the first place i post it im hoping to run mid 8sec passes on stock bottom end and stock clutch
I'm not a drag bike kinda guy, but Id love to ride that thing! If you are going to stretch the swing arm, you better be able to back it up.. and you can! Sick bike
thanks buddy yeah shes going to be a handful i rode my cousins turbo bike and my bike should make 20-30hp more lol
I 100% agree, Im not a huge drag guy but your mods are "tastefully" done! Well done sir

thanks you =)

i dont think so i mean it's possible idk i never really meet to many of my family members =(

They're widely known for modifying the 300zx chassis.

Was just curious with the boosting your scoot and whatnot. Nice bike!

They're widely known for modifying the 300zx chassis.

Was just curious with the boosting your scoot and whatnot. Nice bike!

thank you and im going to have to meet them lol

im hoping to run mid 8sec passes on stock bottom end and stock clutch

So I have a lot of experience with boosted cars but not bikes. How well does a stock bottom end on a bike handle the boost? What kind of psi do you plan to run? Also, I laugh that you are running the stock clutch. Not laughing at you, but at others that have suggested I should plan to replace my clutch after one night at the drag strip.

thanks buddy yeah shes going to be a handful i rode my cousins turbo bike and my bike should make 20-30hp more lol

What kinda hp does a setup like yours make? Are you doing any fuel system upgrades like injectors, fuel pump/line, etc?

As some of the others said, I'm a knee dragger not a drag stripper, but I'm still a gear head and respect a well done project like yours. Keep up the good work!

So I have a lot of experience with boosted cars but not bikes. How well does a stock bottom end on a bike handle the boost? What kind of psi do you plan to run? Also, I laugh that you are running the stock clutch. Not laughing at you, but at others that have suggested I should plan to replace my clutch after one night at the drag strip.

What kinda hp does a setup like yours make? Are you doing any fuel system upgrades like injectors, fuel pump/line, etc?

As some of the others said, I'm a knee dragger not a drag stripper, but I'm still a gear head and respect a well done project like yours. Keep up the good work!

well you cant listen to to many people until you do your own test and tune but stock clutch is about the best thing unless u buy a lock up and are running a big motor busa a guy on her shawn had a 1507 busa with a 100 shot nitrous with stock clutch foot shifting it and is about 230lbs and never had a problem with his clutch u can do a clutch mod with welded clutch basket and better springs like ive dont and stick with the stock clutches but after a bunch passes yeah u will need to replace them and ur weigh plays a big factor ive went through one set in 3 years lol so that tells u something and i sprayed it raced it everywhere but i wanna run 5-6 psi to be safe and should make 250hp they say the stock bottom ends are good for 260 ive seen guys on psychobike make 300 all day but if u ask me 220-230 hp on a daily driver bike is badass and not to many bikes are barking up ur tree no busa no zx14 there playing caught up lol and if your not a beginner and no how to launch and when i say foot shift that means no clutch let off gas little and hit up on the shifter

Would it be possible to install a quickshifter with your setup?

I'm sure that would cut your time even more. You wouldn't lose boost from letting off the gas to shift either.

it's gotta airshifter on it sorry i never mentioned it but yeah its way better but i foot shift in money races

373 rwhp on a stock motor - 15 psi on corn. :)

Bike is ridden daily..

Tuned by me. :cool:

DSC00280.JPG

looks good brian u made alot power on that thing =) ryan schnitz owes me some work or id let you tune it =)