Newbie planning Iron Pony trip, tips on what to get?

Moneyless

It's a lot cheaper than the hospital bill, trust me.

That's my line!! But seriously yes get them! My gear depends on my ride. Commuting is jeans, jacket, gloves, boots and helmet.

'spirited riding' is 1 piece leathers, back protector, gloves, boots, and helmet. (chest protector is next buy)

Disclaimer: if I'm just going to fill up so I don't have to before commuting to work ill go in whatever I have on.. (flame on, but I'm just keeping it real)

Buy all the gear you can afford and wear it! 1k in gear is better than eleventeen thousand in hospital bills!!

-VanDy

Thanks everyone for the tips! I just put a deposit on a 2012 Honda CBR250R with ABS and now I have to get all the gear together!

Does anyone have a coupon code for motorcyclegear.com that you would be willing to part with?

• Upvote 1

motorcyclegear is an awesome business to work with. nate does get better prices though, and seems like a one man army.

i'd suggest going to IP with a few item choices in mind, and try them on. Wear them around the store for 20 minutes, (hey, it's a motorcycle store. the best place to walk around in that helmet with a half-naked babe on the side.) After you're sure it fits, if it's not on sale, buy it online. someone is going to beat their price.

i'd say buy local, but a) it's not really local to you, and b) they sell bikes, they gots money. and c) that's what being a consumer is about; getting your money's worth.

buy the odds and ends there, though. the net, which i still need to get. plus:

then, i'd say add on at least one oil filter, and oil, lube, degreaser, mineral spirits(idk if that's at IP actually), saddle soap if you have leather, battery tender if you desire, a couple branded t-shirts, skulls and crosses are a bonus, a helmet-mohawk, giant useless red light tripper magnet, hookers, blow, etc...

other things i'd prefer to put under my seat or in my bookbag: zip ties, electrical tape(in the plastic case, or else it gets messy when it's hot), tool kit, or at least a zip-loc with the essentials, multi-tool would work if it's a larger one, but pack allen wrenches too, a big-ass swing-able wrench just in case, and you already have the pressure gauge.

also, i always line my jacket pockets with zip-loc bags. you never know when you'll want to keep your phone dry in a downpour.

jk. just keep your sunglasses and flip flops on at all times.

..After you're sure it fits, if it's not on sale, buy it online. someone is going to beat their price..

Just a personal rant but the retail market is taking quite a hit from this shop and online behaviour. Best Buy could be gone next.

Motorcycle shops never had the best selection in to begin with. Considering the inventory cost and turn rates on apparel, it is not hard to blame them. These stores need the sales to support the showrooms and carry the inventory.

We all need to do our part to support the local guys and the industry. I strongly suggest that if you like Iron Pony or your local guy, buy from them, even if it costs you a bit more.

Just a personal rant but the retail market is taking quite a hit from this shop and online behaviour. Best Buy could be gone next.

Motorcycle shops never had the best selection in to begin with. Considering the inventory cost and turn rates on apparel, it is not hard to blame them. These stores need the sales to support the showrooms and carry the inventory.

We all need to do our part to support the local guys and the industry. I strongly suggest that if you like Iron Pony or your local guy, buy from them, even if it costs you a bit more.

I agree. Read...

i'd say buy local, but a) it's not really local to you, and b) they sell bikes, they gots money. and c) that's what being a consumer is about; getting your money's worth.

For what it's worth, keep in mind that we all live in a capitalist society.