Ouch!

Oryon

So, I'm helping my parents out by selling my mom's scooter... its practically brand new.. she just couldnt handle the "leaning" so they got her a trike scooter.. and needed to sell this one. So for about the past month or so.. I have been jsut pulling it aorund front and parking it.. then around back at end of the day..l etc... which finally the battery started getting weak. So, this time, I let it idle for about 20 minutes to charge up... now, when I ride, I ALWAYS wear long pants.. but I was "just" pulling it around back.. so I didnt bother... around it goes, parked, shut down, and off I hop.. as I turn around, a freaking stray cat runs out of nowhere and starts trying to kill me by tripping me.. (rubbing itself on my ankles).. of course.. I stumble at this point, RIGHT INTO THE FREAKING HOT EXHAUST PIPE OF THE SCOOTER... OUCH.....nice 2nd degree burn on the OUTSIDE of my calf... not a typical muffler burn for sure!

Figures.. of all things.. the damned scooter bites me, without even leaving my house!

So anyway.. hers a pic, this is after about a week...(this happened last sunday)

Hopefully it will heal up soon, as this is pretty damned painful!

79AF7F641F.jpg

Ouch. I once burned my forearm on the exhaust of a mower. Same level of burn, looked the same after 2 weeks. I actually used it as a chance to teach my son first aid and he changed the bandages for me.

I've heard dabbing raw egg white onto a fresh burn will speed healing considerably. Assuming the protein, and whatever else is in a chicken placenta, feeds the wound and protectively coats the surface.